Home

MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Starts on January 14, 2020 - Register Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Starts on January 14, 2020 - Register Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #9
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Starts on January 14, 2020 - Register Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It’s not about the modes. It’s about the gameplay. Do you really want the online crowd to dictate how the gameplay on the field goes without the sim oriented crowd countering it?

Even DD games vs CPU can be quite useful in pushing our demands.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah you keep believing that they care what we think. What is the point. They will just put out another 20+ patches catering to the DD crowd changing gameplay every time. It serves no purpose except for them to test the servers. Beyond that they don't give two shakes what anybody thinks about the game. That crowd has been determining the course of this game for 3 years now and nothing will change that.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Yeah you keep believing that they care what we think. What is the point. They will just put out another 20+ patches catering to the DD crowd changing gameplay every time. It serves no purpose except for them to test the servers. Beyond that they don't give two shakes what anybody thinks about the game. That crowd has been determining the course of this game for 3 years now and nothing will change that.
And it will never change if people don't step up and tell them they're wrong.

If selected, I'm making my voice heard (same as I did last year)...at least I can say in good conscience that I tried to do something for the offline community.

I hope I am not alone in at least trying....
Old 12-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

If selected, I'm making my voice heard (same as I did last year)...at least I can say in good conscience that I tried to do something for the offline community.

You're not alone.

I think it was last year that there was an issue with outfielders routes to tracking down balls that was brought up to the devs that was corrected for launch.

There is some pretty good back and forth discussion that takes place in the appropriate threads in regards to the BETA/ALPHA and what should be changed, what shouldn't, why it should or shouldn't, and the bouncing of ideas off of each other.

At least that was my experience.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #12
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:

Actually it will never change as long as people keep giving them money every year. I wish I could be the chipper, hopeful (naive) activist that you are. But I am a realist. They will continue to milk the DD crowd for every dollar they are willing to spend. Until they start loosing money. They will not put any effort into the offline modes. So if you really wanted to "help" the offline community you would stop blindly buying the product.

But I hope you do make a difference and that I am wrong. But sadly, history, economics and facts tell me I most likely am right.

Old 12-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #13
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

O hell yeah bring it on baby!!!

I just LOVE that Sony allows it's gamers to get a sneak peek for the upcoming game for 1 full week. Even if the beta build is far from final it still can give you an idea of how game play and CPU AI has improved or dare I say it declined since last years version.

I really enjoyed my time with last years beta and can't wait for the next one if I get in of course

Last edited by tnixen; 12-20-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:36 PM   #14
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Ill buy like I do every year but don't expect a whole lot of change. They are not going to put allot of effort in to this years game with the new systems coming out next year. Just my opinion. I can almost guarantee that injuries, Rotating Schedules or anything else relating to a deeper Franchise will be implemented. It will basically be a new game with new rosters and thats about it fow offline franchise players
Same thinking here I will also be buying as I do every year but no doubt I expect 20 to be by far the least exciting release for the series for PS4.

PS5 I would think is the main focus for them at this point in time.

Having said that I already think 19 is fantastic so 20 can only get better.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #15
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This **** is getting old

Nobody is allowed to simply like a game anymore and definitely not allowed to buy it on the principle that they like the game/series

Doing so is blindly supporting a flawed product.

Look you don’t like the direction the game is going then definitely speak up. But can you voice your opinion and differences of that opinion without the insults and the talking down to those who’s opinions you disagree with?

Why should he or anyone stop buying a game they enjoy instead of providing feedback on how to make their experience even more enjoyable?

It is possible to enjoy a game, have fun with it and still believe there is room for improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes you are getting old with your hypocrisy. You spout your rhetoric that "why oh why can't people just like the game" But yet you are the first to condemn anybody with a different opinion than you. It is always the same tired arguments with you. "Cant we love the game and still believe in improvement" You are the CNN of OS, you only broadcast your message and get upset when anybody disrupts your narrative.

So how about you give it a rest, and let those folks that don't like the direction, or the game, or the Developers, have the same platform that you use to spout off your fan boy garbage. Or is that too much against your narrative?

Last edited by Bullit; 12-20-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Actually it will never change as long as people keep giving them money every year. I wish I could be the chipper, hopeful (naive) activist that you are. But I am a realist. They will continue to milk the DD crowd for every dollar they are willing to spend. Until they start loosing money. They will not put any effort into the offline modes. So if you really wanted to "help" the offline community you would stop blindly buying the product.

But I hope you do make a difference and that I am wrong. But sadly, history, economics and facts tell me I most likely am right.
Same boat as Bullit on this one, theres been an outcry for 2 years about offline modes and nothing changes because of the DD money machine.

Only hope seems to be for PS5 but even that im doubtful, this series has never produced a great console entry game

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »