Home

MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Starts on January 14, 2020 - Register Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Starts on January 14, 2020 - Register Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Starts on January 14, 2020 - Register Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I feel like there's going to be some new fielding stuff they want to test out, what with Javy being the cover boy and all...

Agree with it being very possible to to test out offline gameplay in the beta so long as 9 inning vs. CPU play is an option in DD, btw. It might be less useful if you use a stacked team of all 90+'s, but nothing says you HAVE to use those cards in your lineup - you can build a team with mostly silvers and bronzes, a few golds and one or 2 low diamonds and be right at the talent level of most of the MLB teams if you wanted. That would be pretty representative of how the game would play offline (not exactly since they can tune the game differently for both, but it's a decent enough approximation for a beta)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsareBugs
With Javy being on the cover maybe baerunning will be improved. Personally I feel like theres no difference between say a speedster/agile player and a lumbering oaf, they both make the same stop and turn animation which takes forever and round the bases like they're going to fall over. Made many outs because of baserunning animations.

Maybe you can actually slide your way into a base and beat the tag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is my thinking as well.

I'm thinking defense and baserunning/tagging/stealing are all going to be focal points in '20.

Defense took a great step forward in '19 but still there are things that I'd like to see, specifically more outfield dive animations and animations when fielding around the wall.

Baserunning/tagging/stealing/pickoffs all are in need of TLC to help "liven" up that aspect of the game. I'm hoping there's an option to make getting back on pickoff attempts manual (leave auto there for those who don't want to mess with it) so those of us that enjoy that cat and mouse game can get deeper into it.

We need more animations on slide and tags, as the few in there are too bland, repetitive, and generic. I need to see guys contorting their bodies to avoid a tag, the fielder making snap tags and such to get the runner.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #26
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This is my thinking as well.

I'm thinking defense and baserunning/tagging/stealing are all going to be focal points in '20.

Baserunning/tagging/stealing/pickoffs all are in need of TLC to help "liven" up that aspect of the game.

We need more animations on slide and tags, as the few in there are too bland, repetitive, and generic. I need to see guys contorting their bodies to avoid a tag, the fielder making snap tags and such to get the runner.
Tagging during steals. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen a runner called out on a steal who looked safe. Replay showed that due to lack of collision detection runners hand definitely on the bag, but because the hand animation is above the bag, runner called out. If you get the call, this is one to note.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Tagging during steals. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen a runner called out on a steal who looked safe. Replay showed that due to lack of collision detection runners hand definitely on the bag, but because the hand animation is above the bag, runner called out. If you get the call, this is one to note.
Will definitely be looking at and providing feedback in this area of the game if I'm invited.

The animations are just plain ugly at times.

Plays at the plate is another aspect of the game that is in need of some TLC

Old 12-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn306
I don't know what they have people test but will someone please go and test in game injuries in MoM franchise games.

If that is not fixed I will not be buying.
Someone said they saw an injury in manage mode but I still haven't seen one - but I also haven't played much either.

The weird this is there used to be realistic numbers of injuries in the game. Somehow they got removed. I don't know why they would remove that code from the game. Perhaps the injury code was intertwined with some other code that got changed and they forgot to reinstall it.

I do agree it should be fixed but they have historically been slow to fix things in manage mode and when they do fix one thing they tend to mess up something else.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #29
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

“I’d rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right”

I had access to the Beta last year. Hopefully that gives me an inside track for the Beta this year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-23-2019, 07:17 AM   #30
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Yes you are getting old with your hypocrisy. You spout your rhetoric that "why oh why can't people just like the game" But yet you are the first to condemn anybody with a different opinion than you. It is always the same tired arguments with you. "Cant we love the game and still believe in improvement" You are the CNN of OS, you only broadcast your message and get upset when anybody disrupts your narrative.

So how about you give it a rest, and let those folks that don't like the direction, or the game, or the Developers, have the same platform that you use to spout off your fan boy garbage. Or is that too much against your narrative?
Man, this is so spot on.

As for the thread, I hope the Beta goes well.

Last edited by dalger21; 12-23-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #31
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm
“I’d rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right”

I had access to the Beta last year. Hopefully that gives me an inside track for the Beta this year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Hoping for the same here. I got access last year and just love baseball enough that I'll play any mode.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I feel like there's going to be some new fielding stuff they want to test out, what with Javy being the cover boy and all...

Agree with it being very possible to to test out offline gameplay in the beta so long as 9 inning vs. CPU play is an option in DD, btw. It might be less useful if you use a stacked team of all 90+'s, but nothing says you HAVE to use those cards in your lineup - you can build a team with mostly silvers and bronzes, a few golds and one or 2 low diamonds and be right at the talent level of most of the MLB teams if you wanted. That would be pretty representative of how the game would play offline (not exactly since they can tune the game differently for both, but it's a decent enough approximation for a beta)
I knew I saw something in regards to new defensive mechanics for '20 on the forums, but couldn't remember where until today:

Quote:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games.../11097922.html

-Improved defensive and hitting mechanics
I'm definitely looking forward, if invited, to see if the new defensive mechanics are in the BETA for feedback. Curious what they entail and all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »