Home

Updating Roster years into Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Updating Roster years into Franchise mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-24-2019, 03:24 AM   #1
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0
Updating Roster years into Franchise mode

I started a Franchise with MLB 16 that I am still running to this day. I am currently in year 5 of my franchise. Play every game and loving it. I love not having to start over every single year. The year to year feature has definitely been a hit. The one fall back to all this is that we don't get to keep our rosters up to date.

What if, going forward, we have the ability to update our roster without having to start over? I would love to keep my roster fresh so that way it can coincide with the actual MLB. What if at the end of any given season we have the option to update any team's roster. That way we can keep our own prospects and develop them while keeping the roster around us fresh.

At the very least, I would like to have the ability to import players into our roster. That way I can get guys like Fernando Tatis Jr into my franchise. Kinda sucks I still have a generic aaron judge and not the one from today's game.

What do you guys think?

How do you guys keep the game fresh deep into your franchise play?.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
All Star

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Updating Roster years into Franchise mode

there have been people wanting this since before carry-over saves became a thing. I cant see one OS'er who wouldn't want it in regardless whether they'd use it or not. so really the only ones balking at the idea would be Sony, and for valid business reasons. Hopefully this game can kick it up a notch with tons of new stuff like this once they double (triple?) there potential consumer base.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:49 PM   #3
#****cancer!

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

For me I add in draft classes with each year that I pass as well as international players that get posted and come over.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 01-02-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soamazen23

At the very least, I would like to have the ability to import players into our roster. That way I can get guys like Fernando Tatis Jr into my franchise. Kinda sucks I still have a generic aaron judge and not the one from today's game.

What do you guys think?

?.
Amen, brother. This is so doable. With franchise not getting much of a look, Id hope theyd throw us this bone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »