Home

Manage only mode players-2015 is the best game in the series

This is a discussion on Manage only mode players-2015 is the best game in the series within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Manage only mode players-2015 is the best game in the series

All around, for you mom guys, 2015 is the best incarnation of mlb the show. It plays the best in manage mode. The spring stats are readily available. The good pitchers pitch, and the young guys get shelled a lot. The offense,especially using Nomo sliders, is pretty realistic. I’ve tried the newer versions of the game, but for me, 2015 is the best manage only experience you can get for the ps4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Manage only mode players-2015 is the best game in the series

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorman
All around, for you mom guys, 2015 is the best incarnation of mlb the show. It plays the best in manage mode. The spring stats are readily available. The good pitchers pitch, and the young guys get shelled a lot. The offense,especially using Nomo sliders, is pretty realistic. I’ve tried the newer versions of the game, but for me, 2015 is the best manage only experience you can get for the ps4.
Out of all the modes the game offers, I don't understand why this would be the go to for anyone. Not meant as a slight towards you, or others that enjoy the mode... I just don't get it. For me, the appeal of a video game is actually getting to play it. From ppl who love franchise mode (I'm not one, but I'll play it from time to time), to Diamond Dynasty (my favorite mode in the game, and imo the best set up for a mode like this in any game, including 2Ks "MyTeam", Madden and Fifas versions, dubbed "Ultimate Team".) To March to October, Moments, or any other mode...

I can understand the appeal of wanting to just run an organization, and Manage. But why drop 60 bucks on a console game, when there are either PC free to play or a game that's based on a PC, which allows you to pour over the stats, and leave the actual "playing" of the games to the CPU?

At some point, do you play outside of MoM? Is it the mode you just happen to play the most? Or is it just MoM or bust?

If it's the latter, I can't see spending money on a PlayStation game instead of using a PC/MAC to do what it is this mode does... I'm sure there's software available for free, or paid for that would handle only this aspect better than The Show can. I know if that was my main interest, and had no need to play on the field, I'd look in a different place than The Show.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Rookie

“For you mom guys”. You’re obviously not one. I have the same disinterest in the modes you’re referring to. To each his own, but a combination of realistic gameplay and visuals is what we manage only mode guys are looking for. I believe there are a few of us in this arena. Enjoy yourself in any mode you choose.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't agree 2015 was the best year for manage mode but I agree manage mode is the best mode. It's the only reason I buy the game.

Some people want a deeper experience than the arcade stuff.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I don't agree 2015 was the best year for manage mode but I agree manage mode is the best mode. It's the only reason I buy the game.

Some people want a deeper experience than the arcade stuff.
Would be interested to hear your favorite year for mom. The new version played well, but the lack of injuries was disappointing. Other versions have issues with stolen bases, or no errors etc. which version do you think has the total package?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 05:35 PM   #6
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
Out of all the modes the game offers, I don't understand why this would be the go to for anyone. Not meant as a slight towards you, or others that enjoy the mode... I just don't get it. For me, the appeal of a video game is actually getting to play it. From ppl who love franchise mode (I'm not one, but I'll play it from time to time), to Diamond Dynasty (my favorite mode in the game, and imo the best set up for a mode like this in any game, including 2Ks "MyTeam", Madden and Fifas versions, dubbed "Ultimate Team".) To March to October, Moments, or any other mode...

I can understand the appeal of wanting to just run an organization, and Manage. But why drop 60 bucks on a console game, when there are either PC free to play or a game that's based on a PC, which allows you to pour over the stats, and leave the actual "playing" of the games to the CPU?

At some point, do you play outside of MoM? Is it the mode you just happen to play the most? Or is it just MoM or bust?

If it's the latter, I can't see spending money on a PlayStation game instead of using a PC/MAC to do what it is this mode does... I'm sure there's software available for free, or paid for that would handle only this aspect better than The Show can. I know if that was my main interest, and had no need to play on the field, I'd look in a different place than The Show.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

I guess the same can be asked of people who get the game, a baseball" simulator", for an arcade experience or to collect cards which it seems is what DD is.

But to answer your question, you're saying that managing a game is not playing? Really. Guess your idea of playing and mine is different. I like to think and managing is thinking. Some people would rather "play", ie, hitting or pitching. Fine. But don't say that people who want to manage a realistic simulation of a game aren't playing. Most of the garbage you're talking about for PC are just crappy backyard baseball type of stupidity. Arcade crap or computerized table top games. They don't have the graphics this game has either.

You play your way, we'll play ours. As far as how we spend our money, we'll worry about that. You just worry about how you spend yours.

Last edited by JHodges57; 10-12-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumorman
Would be interested to hear your favorite year for mom. The new version played well, but the lack of injuries was disappointing. Other versions have issues with stolen bases, or no errors etc. which version do you think has the total package?
I shouldn't have said I didn't agree 2015 was the best. To clarify I don't care for some of the changes they have made in more recent editions but the graphics and animations improve each year.

They tend to fix or upgrade some aspects and break other aspects. One year they caved to a demand for more chased pitches by implementing more pitching in the dirt. It resulted in more chased pitches - and more wild pitches which had the effect of making wild pitches the most common way of scoring.

Then they caved to a demand for balls down the foul lines to curve. The result was weird ball curving animations as if a grade 4 hurricane was blowing from center field toward each foul line.

Some years there isn't enough offense. There used to be accurate number of injuries. Now there are no injuries.

I have gone from being addicted to this game to the point where I hadn't played it since May until a few days ago when I played a couple games. I can't remember which year did what. I do agree in terms of gameplay the game was better a few years ago and it might have been 2015 but I can't say that for sure because I don't remember which year they implemented the various bad ideas into the game. They seem more interesting in the tiny group who sim the game than in those who play 9 innings/162.

I'll continue to buy the game but no longer have the same level of interest. Too many years of frustration.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #8
Rookie

I’m really enjoying 2015 version. It’s the second year on the ps4. It seems to be before they “fixed” it to death. You can no longer get roster updates, but letting it be it’s own universe is gonna have to work. I only made the Nomo changes in sliders and gonna let it ride.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »