Home

Looking for that pitching "sweet spot"

This is a discussion on Looking for that pitching "sweet spot" within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Looking for that pitching "sweet spot"

At the lower difficulties, pitching is way too easy. At the higher difficulties, I get smacked around the yard. I'm trying to find that nice, realistic difficulty location to lock in. I mean, average pitchers against a good hitter, it seems like every time that good hitter absolutely toys with me, not like 3 out of every 10 times, more like 9 out of every 10 times......any advice?

Just looking for a realistic result. I don't want to sit at a lower difficulty and dominate that's no fun...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Looking for that pitching "sweet spot"

My advice would be to play on Dynamic difficulty for pitching. It will start you out at Rookie but progress you to your level based on how you perform.

I personally do not use it so I'm not sure how quickly it progresses, but that would be my best advice for you.

Hope you find something that works!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-17-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

If you have the hot/cold zones ON, trying turning if off. I've always played this way.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #4
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
My advice would be to play on Dynamic difficulty for pitching. It will start you out at Rookie but progress you to your level based on how you perform.

I personally do not use it so I'm not sure how quickly it progresses, but that would be my best advice for you.

Hope you find something that works!
I was using dynamic, and I was dominating for too long, what I'm saying is I don't really want to be at a spot where I'm winning games based on my difficulty level, I'm looking for where's the best difficulty to represent realism.

I know that with hitting its based on my timing, and ability to read pitches and react to them, also with my hitter's abilities too.

But with pitching it's different. I mix up pitches, throw it in and out of the zone, avoid middle of the plate, etc, and at the higher difficulties I still get destroyed almost the entire game.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Pitching has always been easier than hitting just like Madden defense will always be harder than offense. (For the most part I guess.)

I would suggest dynamic pitching or HOF/Legend without the strike zone graphic on screen. Also lower human pitcher control and consistency sliders and see if this makes it more challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2020, 09:52 AM   #6
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
If you have the hot/cold zones ON, trying turning if off. I've always played this way.
What does turning them on or off do? I always thought they just showed you areas to avoid when facing that hitter.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
Pitching has always been easier than hitting just like Madden defense will always be harder than offense. (For the most part I guess.)

I would suggest dynamic pitching or HOF/Legend without the strike zone graphic on screen. Also lower human pitcher control and consistency sliders and see if this makes it more challenging.

In reality my problem is I'm either dominating at the lower diff, or getting crushed at the higher diff. I just want a realistic setting. Maybe the issue is how I pitch and not the actual setting.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
In reality my problem is I'm either dominating at the lower diff, or getting crushed at the higher diff. I just want a realistic setting. Maybe the issue is how I pitch and not the actual setting.

Oh right my bad I started thinking about my own The Show problems :-D

I would definitely try dynamic pitching and see how far you can go. Not everyone can pitch on the highest difficulty. I certainly can’t hit on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »