Home

Franchise Improvement Ideas: Player Progression/Drafting

This is a discussion on Franchise Improvement Ideas: Player Progression/Drafting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2020, 11:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise Improvement Ideas: Player Progression/Drafting

I was just thinking about how easy it is to make a franchise contender in mlb the show after year 2-3. Player progression is too beneficial to the wrong players. Here's my idea and i'm not sure if it is plausible to even complete from SDS but a man can dream right?

1. Players will not have stationary overall ratings anymore. Using statistics and statcast data in game it will generate fluid ratings throughout a season. While statcast data may not be in the game, normal statistics will so attributes like speed will stay the same.

2. Players will have a potential range 55 or 60 and we will not be shown a specific number.

3. Player progression in the offseason will work like this: Each team has x number of offseason training points to spend. those players who get the training points will get a boost to start the season, however, if they start to struggle the attributes will reflect accordingly. There could also be an x number of in season training points that can be applied to players that are slumping in order to help them.

4. Player stats should affect the players trade value and market value as such IRL.

5. The drafting in this game is actually very good however my problem is that some players you draft are 72 overall while an MLB player on your team is a 66OVR. i feel there needs to be 2-5 year growth period for drafted prospects unless they are drafted in first round.

6. Obviously I'd love to have Int'l FA but not enough roster spots but figured i'd mention it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »