Home

MLB The Show 20 Features Multi-Season Custom Leagues with Customizable Settings

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Features Multi-Season Custom Leagues with Customizable Settings within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
MLB The Show 20 Features Multi-Season Custom Leagues with Customizable Settings

Prior to the MLB The Show 20 livestream, which is happening on Thursday, February 27 at...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Custom Leagues are multi-season?

Good catch and very interesting.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

The words flexible and multi year are absolutely intriguing.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Worth mentioning that they've used the word "simple" when describing the leagues in the new feature, but multiseason functionality is already more than I expected. Interested to see where this goes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #5
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Multi season is already more than I expected. But I'm still not even anticipating what we had in the old online franchise.

I'm expecting more of a true league format unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is the answer I got when talking to Nick at SDS last year about the returning of Online Franchise and keep in mind this was in February of 2019 when I spoke to him.

Now here is what I originally thought we probably would get one CUSTOM LEAGUES was announced. I did not think it wold be multi season, just one season and you were done like years past. I even thought probably they would only give us 40 man rosters and a round robin type schedule where you play everyone in the league so many times. I myself hope we have a real MLB schedule like from 2014-2017 the kinda same setup within those years would be ideal.

Here is a post a developer did back in 2010 and I really though we were back to this and starting all over from scratch.

Hey there Baseball fans,
In this post I’ll be describing the details of the all-new and revamped Online Season League system for MLB 10: The Show. Forget what you knew about SportsConnect leagues last year, and please continue reading…
Our goal coming into this year was to give online users the same season experience online as they’ve come to expect in the offline season mode. However, there are still the Online League specific features, like creating a Draft or Non-Draft league. The draft still allows for 6-30 teams, with some audio queues for “your turn” and “countdown.” A few new Create League settings: Custom Sliders, Presentation Mode, Umpire Balls and Strikes, Ejections, Home Run Celebration.

We are again providing you with all online user stats and leaderboards, but the huge change this year is the addition of all player stats for your full 40-man roster. You will get access to the full “Around the League” screens, including Playoff Brackets, Standings, Statistics, Team Rankings, League Leaders and Awards. Just to relay the amount of data available in Online Leagues, we are potentially talking about 30 teams, with 40 players, each with 70+ stats!

Beyond stats, we are including the pieces, essential to effectively managing a team during a season: Team Management. Under Team Management you can set your lineup, defensive positioning, pitching rotation and more. One of the keys to making a season mode realistic is the concept of Energy and managing your team with energy considered. This year, you won’t be able to use your ace for every game, over and over. If you overuse your players, your attributes will take a hit, and you run the risk of injury. This is a great segue to our next set of additions…

Injuries, disabled list, trades and free agents are all now a part of Online Season Leagues. Unfortunately, injuries are a part of the game. Just like in the big leagues, you’ll have to deal with injuries. Luckily there is the addition of the free agent pool and a 40-man roster to help you manage. You can now perform trades online. Trades can be 1 for 1, 2 for 1, 3 for 1, etc. There is a league voting system, so don’t think you’re going to get away with trading a scrub for an ace.

Now this is still an online league, so there are league management tools available that you wouldn’t need in an offline league. First, you can drop a user from your league. New to this year, you can also replace that user with another from the Invite Player screen. This is something that really helps a commissioner keep quality players in a league and ultimately the league progressing nicely. Another league management change is that any user, commissioner or league member can abandon or quite a league at anytime. This used to only be available while a league was in the forming stage. Now, you can quite while in season.
There are a few new additions and changes I wanted to rattle off:
  • Additional Commissioner Slot (6 total leagues now)
  • NEW Auto-resolve feature. Set to On/Off when creating a league and helps keep leagues progressing
  • Ability to Drop and Replace players within an In-progress league
  • Apply a Custom Slider to a league
  • League Invitation system upgrade
  • New My Complete Leagues list, showing a summary of all completed leagues, the winner and playoff participants
  • New League Round-up and League History tabs in Gamer Card
  • More emails and communication on league changes
  • Players Needing Leagues upgrade. Commissioner can now send invites directly from that screen
  • Additional information about users for a commissioner resolving a game
  • Quit a league at any time (commissioner or league member). No more being held hostage
We look forward to seeing a ton of leagues created and played to completion.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...eason-leagues/

Last edited by Houston; 02-23-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:40 PM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I am hoping I can set the other league players to cpu and create a pseudo season mode.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am hoping I can set the other league players to cpu and create a pseudo season mode.
Yeah, AI presence would be a big factor to me in how much use I get out of it. Having the framework to finally have leagues with friends again is nice, but I'm unsure of whether I have the time to dedicate to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »