Home

Any word on if managers and coaches can be edited in The Show 20?

This is a discussion on Any word on if managers and coaches can be edited in The Show 20? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #17
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Any word on if managers and coaches can be edited in The Show 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
While it would be nice if the managers and coaches looked better and more realistic, what I want a lot more is for them to actually matter a lot more than they currently do. An offseason news cycle that lets the player know when other teams hire and fire guys would be a huge boost as well.

Yes. The managers and coaches make no sense as is. If I fire my coaches then look to hire, why is my former pitching coach a better hitting coach and vise versa. I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

Last edited by Jeffrey Smith; 03-01-2020 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:52 AM   #18
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: Any word on if managers and coaches can be edited in The Show 20?

I really don't know why they don't make a DLC editor, to edit all the things that you should but can't edit on the game. Then have it so you can export the save file to the game. So you can change managers/coaches appearance, names, attributes, change service time on players, change structure of contracts, properly customize players secondary positions, etc etc etc. Dream scenario would be being able to do it as a save game editor as well, but that wouldn't be essential.

Charge $10 for it, make it entirely optional but there for the franchise/RTTS people who want to be able to fully customize there game. They must already have a separate editing suite that they use to create most of this stuff, it'd be great if they gave us access to a version of it, particularly for historical rosters.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:06 AM   #19
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1

If I were to bet, I would bet no. In fact I'd risk most of the money in my bank account that the answer to this is no.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I really don't know why they don't make a DLC editor, to edit all the things that you should but can't edit on the game. Then have it so you can export the save file to the game. So you can change managers/coaches appearance, names, attributes, change service time on players, change structure of contracts, properly customize players secondary positions, etc etc etc. Dream scenario would be being able to do it as a save game editor as well, but that wouldn't be essential.

Charge $10 for it, make it entirely optional but there for the franchise/RTTS people who want to be able to fully customize there game. They must already have a separate editing suite that they use to create most of this stuff, it'd be great if they gave us access to a version of it, particularly for historical rosters.
$10 would be a hell of a bargain; I'd pay pay $50

A Work in Progress
Old 03-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 3

Any word on if managers and coaches matter in The Show 20?*
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
Any word on if managers and coaches matter in The Show 20?*
yeah, that guy that bats cleanup for you and has a 98 Power Attribute Rating? now he has a 99 power rating lol

A Work in Progress
Old 03-02-2020, 08:21 PM   #23
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar

I love the idea but I don't see how it could be a paid possibility, unless you would not be able to upload rosters to the vault after using it. otherwise it would only take 1 person to pay for the editor upload fixes to the vault and others get it for free.
Old 07-02-2021, 07:28 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can't believe with all the editing available across sports games we can't edit the manager which is the role many users considers themselves playing.

Head Coaches should be fully customizable just like players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »