Home

We need more default cameras

This is a discussion on We need more default cameras within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2020, 01:20 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
We need more default cameras

As the title says, we need more default cameras. The custom cameras are great and I love the ability to use them..... offline. That being said, I'm spending most of my time playing online in Diamond Dynasty anymore since I use OOTP for my offline pleasures and that means I am stuck using SCEA cameras which I'm not a big fan of.

A major issue for me with all of their default cameras is how they all look up into the strike zone. None look down onto the strike zone which is completely opposite of how a real hitter sees the strike zone and pitches coming in.

I really enjoy using my custom cameras in offline play that are much higher and look down on the zone, but I've not used them as much because it is tough going back and forth between cameras for the different modes.

Please, SCEA, give us some camera angles that actually are high up and not coming from the catcher's crotch. The default camera angles we are stuck with just make hitting the opposite of what it is in real life. Low pitches look tastier to hit than they should and high pitches are incredibly easy to lay off of because they are obviously high as soon as they're released. This is the complete opposite of how real baseball works.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: We need more default cameras

Agree. Also have been asking for more fielding cameras for years. I feel like most of the time the ball is put into play it looks like I’m playing Atari with how small the fielders are from the depth.

I miss the low fielding camera option.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Would love to see a static camera from the press box for manager mode... Even if they simply let us customize the camera like OOTP allows us to but for some reason they don't want to allow that - Ramone got triggered last year when we asked in a live-stream.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:56 PM   #4
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Would love to see a static camera from the press box for manager mode... Even if they simply let us customize the camera like OOTP allows us to but for some reason they don't want to allow that - Ramone got triggered last year when we asked in a live-stream.
Over the years I've spent some time on MoM, but I didnt like the camera options at all. The press box cam had potential, but it didn't show the skyline at all, and when the ball was put in play, the camera would JUMP to whatever setting you had it on (high, low, etc) and it was awful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »