Home

Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #721
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
That probably factors in the injury and JD Martinez also was around -$20 mil. But lets say Sale was healthy and worth $20 million. His value basically cancels out JD Martinez (If you assume injury) If you assume healthy you would be looking at a little bit of value since has 2 years and $39 million remaining and you could expect him to maybe be a 3 fWAR guy going forward which would give something like 54-39 = $15 million in value. And this is being quite optimistic.

So with Red Sox colored glasses you might get to some sort of math that gets Sale + Martinez + Barnes as $35 million in value. Dustin May is worth $55. Ruiz $23.4, White $3.3, Peters $2.4 and Pollock -$14.5.

So the original offer would be:
Red Sox ($35 million)
Dodgers ($78 million)

The Padres one is actually a lot worse. Luchessi $10.6, Patino $52.5, Campusano $32.1 and Mateo $2

Red Sox ($35 million)
Padres ($97 million)

Appreciate your feedback, I always try to keep things realistic so that’s why I come here. What kind of “rebuilding” trades would you recommend that could net me some young pieces? Again, that would realistic.

I would like to dump JD just to free up that DH spot as a sort of “relaxing” spot for the guys that need rest but that I also want in the lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2020, 08:54 AM   #722
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER1215
Appreciate your feedback, I always try to keep things realistic so that’s why I come here. What kind of “rebuilding” trades would you recommend that could net me some young pieces? Again, that would realistic.

I would like to dump JD just to free up that DH spot as a sort of “relaxing” spot for the guys that need rest but that I also want in the lineup.

You're going to be looking for a competing team that needs a boost on Offense. Best case you can get a back end top-100 prospect. You'd have to let us know who is in contention and we might could find a match but it was hard to put together a JD Martinez trade when he was a really good hitter, and it won't be any easier now that he's older and less good
Old 09-29-2020, 09:24 AM   #723
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

Happ + Andujar to Mets for Cano + Syndergaard (out for 2020) + Betances. Too out there?
Old 09-29-2020, 10:57 AM   #724
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu12
Happ + Andujar to Mets for Cano + Syndergaard (out for 2020) + Betances. Too out there?
So there are a few nuances here. If this is pre-2020 season which I assume because Happ is a FA afer 2020 we have a slight problem.

Betances as a newly signed player before 2020 cannot be traded until June without his permission and with the way his tenure in NYY ended I cannot see him agreeing to any trade back. I don't think the values are really bad, just logistically I don't think it can work unless this is a deadline trade, but where would the Mets play Andujar?
Old 09-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #725
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
So there are a few nuances here. If this is pre-2020 season which I assume because Happ is a FA afer 2020 we have a slight problem.

Betances as a newly signed player before 2020 cannot be traded until June without his permission and with the way his tenure in NYY ended I cannot see him agreeing to any trade back. I don't think the values are really bad, just logistically I don't think it can work unless this is a deadline trade, but where would the Mets play Andujar?
It’s Mid-May, I’m pushing Happ out of the rotation and figure I need to swap for a bad contract and the Mets are thin with starters at the moment. I wouldn’t say losing Betances would be a deal breaker, but I’d love to get him back if possible.

I have universal DH set up, so Andujar could be a DH for them or perhaps they believe he can play one of the infield or outfield corners (I don’t, and I have other preferences for DH).

Essentially I see it as me replacing Happ and Andujar with Betances and Cano, and getting the injured Syndergaard to offset the $70+ million I’d be taking on in a Happ vs. Cano situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #726
Rookie

jfen31's Arena

OVR: 3

Phillies 2020 off-season. More than ever, I'm convinced this is a partial tear-down. The roster is just fatally flawed. Too many expensive vets who don't fit together and the system is in shambles.

Nola is one of the ten most valuable players in the league (#6 per Baseball Trade Values).

I'm trying to work something with the Dodgers, who have the quantity/quality mix of pieces I need to make this work.

How about...

LAD: SP Aaron Nola
PHI: C Keibert Ruiz, OF Jeren Kendall, SP Josiah Gray, 1B/2B Michael Busch

I'm not attempting to re-sign Realmuto, so Ruiz would immediately step in as the long-term catcher of the future.

Last edited by jfen31; 10-06-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #727
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfen31
Phillies 2020 off-season. More than ever, I'm convinced this is a partial tear-down. The roster is just fatally flawed. Too many expensive vets who don't fit together and the system is in shambles.

Nola is one of the ten most valuable players in the league (#6 per Baseball Trade Values).

I'm trying to work something with the Dodgers, who have the quantity/quality mix of pieces I need to make this work.

How about...

LAD: SP Aaron Nola
PHI: C Keibert Ruiz, OF Jeren Kendall, SP Josiah Gray, 1B/2B Michael Busch

I'm not attempting to re-sign Realmuto, so Ruiz would immediately step in as the long-term catcher of the future.

I think you could get a lot more for Nola.

Old 10-07-2020, 11:59 AM   #728
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

I was able to acquire max Kepler from Minnesota for two of my top prospects within my cardinals franchise. I just couldn’t see going very far with the lineup I had. Gives me at least two middle of the order bats with goldy

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »