Home

RTTS-Why am I playing 3B instead of Machado?

This is a discussion on RTTS-Why am I playing 3B instead of Machado? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
RTTS-Why am I playing 3B instead of Machado?

Appears that they still have not fixed the AI. I'm a 3rd baseman playing for the Padres. Was in AAA for a while, up until about 76 OVR. Pretty good average and OBP, decent amount of HR's.

I just got called up to the Show, but why. Why am I playing instead of Machado who isn't hurt, is doing well and is the Padres 3rd baseman. But yet I'm playing quite a few games instead of him.

3 things should be happening right now:
1. I either stay in AAA and the Manager be like "look kid, you're doing great but we can't give you the play time at 3B because Machado is our guy"

2. "Along with being a pitcher, would you like to play a different position? How about Outfielder or maybe 2nd base where we need more of the help?"

3. "We'd love to keep you, but we can't find a spot for you on this team to get alot of play time. We either need to have you ride the pine for now or we'll start looking for another team where you can continue your development."

And with #3, they could get a pretty good player for me because I'm supposedly "an exciting two-way prospect who's freaking killing it right now".

Last edited by extremeskins04; 05-02-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS-Why am I playing 3B instead of Machado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Appears that they still have not fixed the AI. I'm a 3rd baseman playing for the Padres. Was in AAA for a while, up until about 76 OVR. Pretty good average and OBP, decent amount of HR's.

I just got called up to the Show, but why. Why am I playing instead of Machado who isn't hurt, is doing well and is the Padres 3rd baseman. But yet I'm playing quite a few games instead of him.

3 things should be happening right now:
1. I either stay in AAA and the Manager be like "look kid, you're doing great but we can't give you the play time at 3B because Machado is our guy"

2. "Along with being a pitcher, would you like to play a different position? How about Outfielder or maybe 2nd base where we need more of the help?"

3. "We'd love to keep you, but we can't find a spot for you on this team to get alot of play time. We either need to have you ride the pine for now or we'll start looking for another team where you can continue your development."

And with #3, they could get a pretty good player for me because I'm supposedly "an exciting two-way prospect who's freaking killing it right now".
If you only you could bring that to the virtual manager.
Old 05-02-2021, 04:36 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I know why. According to the 432 podcasts I've seen, I'm the next big thing. I have yet to see a podcast about Machado. lol
Old 05-02-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

The logic is pretty bad. I'm also seeing #3 hitters bunting at times. If a manager has a hitter in the #3 spot, it's probably for good reason and they should never be bunting, not in any situation...ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »