Home

Ps4 Pro...frame rate

This is a discussion on Ps4 Pro...frame rate within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #9
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ps4 Pro...frame rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
Well....early returns are perfect....I had no frame rate issues or stuttering of any kind in my moment with Pudge....

Last night I tried to get 8 hits in 3 games for 2 hours......It seemed hopeless....

After switching to faster I finished it on my first try and I had no problems at all.....

It seems strange that from balanced to faster would make such a difference and I am not sure what that says about even having the options...but....

thank you for the feedback!

Granted it is only one small section...but, it was a lot better!

Glad to hear it!

Also as Josh alluded to, some of the camera angles are a bit smoother as well. For fielding, I‘ve found Broadcast to be an improvement over the default, plus I prefer that angle anyway so it’s a win/win for me.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I have the standard PS4 and a nice 1080P LG flat-screen, what is my best option for good frame-rate? Is the faster option useless with not having a PS4 Pro? The frame-rate stutters at times for me.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:51 PM   #11
Pro

shark547's Arena

My frame rate issues were everywhere. It wasn't just during pitches. It was during cut scenes and everything....it was hard to look at.

Faster will be better no matter the system.

I have only had one hiccup when I went to hit a curveball one time so far. A full on quarter second pause and even though I am sure I timed it right I ended up with a horrible chopper to short.

There is one thing that I still see. When the ball is being thrown I see 2 baseballs (fielding). The real one and a "ghost" ball right behind it so something is still up, but, at least it is smooth. I think this is when the camera is moving at the same time.

I am using strike zone for hitting. Inside pitches on RH batters seems completely random to me on whether they are timed right. That doesn't seem to be an issue with LH.....I raked with Joc last year and it is the same this year. RH batters for the most part just seem impossible to hit inside pitches for me. I am always late on inside with RH except for randomly being super early for who knows why.

Last edited by shark547; 03-15-2020 at 09:53 PM. Reason: I can't type...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 10:29 PM   #12
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you have your game mode enabled on your TV? I see 2 balls if I forget to put mine on game mode and have tru motion on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2020, 11:18 PM   #13
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
Do you have your game mode enabled on your TV? I see 2 balls if I forget to put mine on game mode and have tru motion on.

Yes sir, game mode changes automatically. I can tell right away if it isn't on because I have to hit the pitching meter about a second before I want it to stop if it isn't!

I take back the part about not hitting inside pitches. First game on Conquest after changing to faster and I ripped 2 balls down the LF line for doubles with Trea Turner....and I scored 12 runs....I might actually be able to turn up the difficulty now!
Old 03-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #14
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Did you try rebuilding the database? That helped me with 18.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:49 AM   #15
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10693
If I have the standard PS4 and a nice 1080P LG flat-screen, what is my best option for good frame-rate? Is the faster option useless with not having a PS4 Pro? The frame-rate stutters at times for me.

The option is only available on the Pro. It’s the whole reason I upgraded a few years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #16
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

It baffles me how the framerate is different for a lot of people. It's almost as if Sony isn't consistent with processor or GPU frequency in their PlayStation 4's. Yesterday I played with it on sharper and didn't have any frame rate issues except for a few hiccups during some cutscenes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »