Home

Road To The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Road To The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2020, 02:37 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Road To The Show Thread

So far thru 36 games on dynamic difficulty with Zone Hitting (Legend atm) my Future Cubs 2nd Baseman Anomaly build has

129 At Bats
51 Hits (#4. In League)
10 HR (#1 in League)
40 RBI (#1 in League)
23 Runs (#5 in League)
14 Steals (#1 in League)
.395 avg (#1 in League)
.463 on base % (#3 in League)
.744 slugging % (#1 in League)
1.207 OPS (#1 in League)
17 Walks
34 SO

Have been having a good season so far team is currently 2nd in SL North at 27-18 just one game behind the Biscuits. Im currently a 63 ovr Hoping i can get called up to AAA soon.

My only complaint so far is that it is too easy to steal bases on this game. ..

How long has it taken for you all to get called up to the show? And what type of numbers did you have to have?

Sent from my LM-X220 using Operation Sports mobile app

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #42
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Road To The Show Thread

Is there a way to pick your team but also go back to college for at least a year or two?

Also how do you not get called up literally right away? I’m 18 with a 62 OVR and got called up to AAA and then the MLB by July! I’m already playing on Legend and thought I was getting hit around a good amount. Might need to bump up the sliders

I deleted it and am making a new one because that’s too unrealistic for me. I’m going to

Last edited by MetsFan16; 03-27-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Finally made it through the first year on both my characters.

My pitcher I ended up going ending the year 8-9, up from 2-7 to start the year. Signed a contract to start year 2 in AAA ball.

My third baseman got called up to AAA ball right after the all star break the first year. He was hitting 295 With 1 HR and 21 RBI. In AAA ball he started off hot but ended the year at 250 BA with 3 HR and 17 RBI. He signed a contract to be the MLB starter and is hitting around .280 1 HR with them after probably 7-8 series. He was hurt for like 2 or 3 series though. Not bad for a 19 year old
Old 03-28-2020, 05:33 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

have a SP flamethrower got drafted by SD, pitching seems way more rewarding this year, but also punishing if you try and rush through an AB, at least for me anyways lol
Old 03-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

I brought my pitcher from 19 into 20. Drafted by the White Sox, trader to Baltimore, then to the Reds and now he’s with Oakland.

None of those teams have even sniffed the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #46
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Dont go to college. Just dont. I went through all four years to the end because it would match my age IRL, and i got drafted 4 straight drafts all to the Tigers with the first pick. Also, you start with a 47 OVR after HS I believe, after all 4 years of college I only started with a 49 OVR.

So to go back and re-enter the draft this year its honestly pointless. You dont actually grow and just lose early years.
Just quoting to second this. I played through the process five times, and was the 1st pick in round 15 to the Tigers all five times. I almost wonder if this is a bug of some sort.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:23 PM   #47
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Is there a way to pick your team but also go back to college for at least a year or two?

Also how do you not get called up literally right away? I’m 18 with a 62 OVR and got called up to AAA and then the MLB by July! I’m already playing on Legend and thought I was getting hit around a good amount. Might need to bump up the sliders

I deleted it and am making a new one because that’s too unrealistic for me. I’m going to
Really need to tweak some sliders to slow my progression down. Since I dont want to be drafted by DET I dont go back to college. Every time I keep getting called up to AAA halfway through my first season. I want it to be realistic and spend at least a full season in AA then AAA before getting called up
Old 03-31-2020, 12:32 AM   #48
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Started a SP, Plain Filthy with a 2 Seam, Slider, and Curveball. Mike Lowe's v1.1 sliders, Legend Meter pitching. Got drafted 15th round, 17th pick, out of HS by the Cubs......

1st game: 4 IP, 4 H, 3 SO, 0 ER. 64 pitches, 46 for strikes.

2nd game: 6.1 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 9 SO, 0 ER. 74 pitches, 57 for strikes.

I was anticipating getting hit around a bit early because of the low ratings, high difficulty, and based on other's experiences, but ive actually pretty much dominated early on, which is shocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »