Home

Franchise and roster management

This is a discussion on Franchise and roster management within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1
Franchise and roster management

Hopefully some pro/s can help me out here, I would really appreciative it. I have a few questions.

I want to start a franchise and work my way through spring training. I am not to familiar with all the rules of roster management or how well MLBTS models player options and days of service so reading the real MLB rules seems unclear to me. Here are a couple of my question...

1)Does MLBTS model player options and service times accurately?

2)If you send down a player and call him back up before 20 days in the minors does it not use up one of his options?

3)Are these 20 calendar days?

4)In the RL MLB does a player lose a option when starting on the big league roster and then is sent down during spring training?

5)What happens when you start a new franchise with a 40man roster and start with spring training and then send him down, does it use up a option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise and roster management

There are definitely going to be some more experts than myself on here but I have never noticed an issue with the options of players already in the game. The problem so far this year is that rookies and prospect options are often 0 or 1 and it causes absolutely mayhem if you want a realistic franchise.

Check out this thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...options-9.html
Old 03-17-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz

1)Does MLBTS model player options and service times accurately?

Yes and no. Alot of the players have their options correct but alot of the first yr players and prospects dont

2)If you send down a player and call him back up before 20 days in the minors does it not use up one of his options?

Once a player is sent down he uses an option. There is not a waiting period. Now there is a real mlb rule that once you option a player you cant bring him back up for a certain amount of calednar days (unless theres an injury) but thats not reflected in the game.

4)In the RL MLB does a player lose a option when starting on the big league roster and then is sent down during spring training?

Yes

5)What happens when you start a new franchise with a 40man roster and start with spring training and then send him down, does it use up a option?

Yes. But if you were to start a season, you would not add a 19 yr old prospect to your 40 man and burn an option if you have no plans to bring him up. But after a certain amount of time of playing in the minor leagues ( want to say 4 or 5 years) , a player had to be added to your 40 man or other teams can claim him in the rule 5 draft which happens in the offseason.
ANSWERS ARE ABOVE IN RESPONSE

Also once you use an option for that year, the player can move ld up and down between minors and majors.

To avoid all this nonsense mlbts created with these options, you can set waiver to manual during spring training so you can still option players , who dont have any but should, to the minors but other teams cant claim them. Just offering this as a workaround because these options issues were in the shoe Last year and they didnt fix them either.

Also on ridins roster that will release this weekend, he has fixed alot of the options issues with players that are editable.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks guys...good stuff lemarflacco

@Lemarflacco with waiver set to manual what does that do game wise? Do teams still try to pick up players with out options? If so then i assume you can reject them?

So I would need to do 30team control and set waiver to manual on one profile ? And use a different profile for the team i want to use?

Last edited by ruskoz; 03-17-2020 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
Thanks guys...good stuff lemarflacco

@Lemarflacco with waiver set to manual what does that do game wise? Do teams still try to pick up players with out options? If so then i assume you can reject them?

So I would need to do 30team control and set waiver to manual on one profile ? And use a different profile for the team i want to use?
Yes , you are correct with profiles. And if you have waivers set to manual, they will not pick up any players that are on waivers
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »