Home

MLB The Show 20 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Patch Notes and Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Patch Notes and Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Patch Notes and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Two comments:
1. The best way to ensure that they are aware of ANY issue is to post them in the official bug/feedback reporting tool.
2. SDS ALWAYS has OSD issues at release (because...they are constantly adding to/updating them with every iteration). And, nearly all of them are quashed within the first 2 "big patches". I'm not too worried there...
True...but would have been easy to catch the OSD bugs if they went into franchise mode and played for like 10 minutes. Makes you wonder if anything was tested in franchise?? My plan...MTO and then go into franchise and play moments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 05:16 PM   #82
MVP

The new dynamic which causes fielders to bobble ground ball needs to be scaled back. Starling Marte has made 2 errors in this manner in 3 games on relatively routine plays and he is an outstanding fielder. It also happens with infielders.

Keep it in the game but scaled it back or there will be record numbers of errors.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:08 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

IMO, the game played better out of the box. This latest game update/patch has been a step backwards. I wish they would just leave well enough alone...
Old 03-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #84
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
IMO, the game played better out of the box. This latest game update/patch has been a step backwards. I wish they would just leave well enough alone...
In what way?
Old 03-21-2020, 11:24 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
they wont stop there, we already know there will be blood, and 10 more game-fix patches. I hope That goi doesn't pull his hair out.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2020, 11:25 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
In what way?
They tuned hitting and power. With the sliders I was using before, everything was spot on. Now I'm at polar opposites. So I had to up the FB speed to the slider of 8 to even make it challenging. But now I strike out a lot. So I'm getting a decent number of hits, but opposing pitchers are striking me out in bunches. Drop it to 7 and I can easily rack up 15 hits. And that's with my hit slider and timing sliders at 0. I know, I know...try another set or a different type. Well, I don't want to. I like the game the way I play it. So now the whole thing is an exercise of slider-itus, and once again I'll do this and it sucks the life out of the game for me. The out of the box smoothness and stats I were getting was so much fun. Now, not so much... I get it. I'm one person. But that's how I feel.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:32 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
They tuned hitting and power. With the sliders I was using before, everything was spot on. Now I'm at polar opposites. So I had to up the FB speed to the slider of 8 to even make it challenging. But now I strike out a lot. So I'm getting a decent number of hits, but opposing pitchers are striking me out in bunches. Drop it to 7 and I can easily rack up 15 hits. And that's with my hit slider and timing sliders at 0. I know, I know...try another set or a different type. Well, I don't want to. I like the game the way I play it. So now the whole thing is an exercise of slider-itus, and once again I'll do this and it sucks the life out of the game for me. The out of the box smoothness and stats I were getting was so much fun. Now, not so much... I get it. I'm one person. But that's how I feel.
So, just to clarify are we talking about a "stealth change" here since SDS said nothing about this patch affecting offline difficulty (only DD hitting)?

I'm glad B Ma got his two cents in before people start bringing it to this.....

DD = Diamond Dynasty for the purpose of this post.

Last edited by bcruise; 03-21-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:47 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I wont go so far as to say I've seen any power surge since the last patch (I play on dynamic difficulty, so I always feel insulated as much as one can) but I've already found 1 player in Pete Alonso whose power ratings are now over 100+

Diamond Dynasty is spilling its heart all over the stage. I know it's only the Show, but I like it.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »