Home

Play-by-play/Commentary

This is a discussion on Play-by-play/Commentary within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #65
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Play-by-play/Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2NC
Gotta love the “check pitch on a swing” line.

I'm having a elderly braindead moment so don't mind me asking...what is that supposed to mean? When do they say that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 02:49 PM   #66
MVP

My favourite part of the presentation is when Heidi Watney suddenly appears in a random location within the stadium. Surrounded by random pieces of apparatus and equipment, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to where she decides to deliver her hits from. She’ll just pop up in a bizarrely empty bullpen, or stand directly behind a random CCTV camera and tell me that the opposition manager is not very pleased with his teams at bats.

Makes me chuckle every time.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
My favourite part of the presentation is when Heidi Watney suddenly appears in a random location within the stadium. Surrounded by random pieces of apparatus and equipment, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to where she decides to deliver her hits from. She’ll just pop up in a bizarrely empty bullpen, or stand directly behind a random CCTV camera and tell me that the opposition manager is not very pleased with his teams at bats.

yep, she's flat out awesome.

sorry, I can never resist low hanging fruit

A Work in Progress
Old 07-21-2020, 05:36 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHodges57
I'm having a elderly braindead moment so don't mind me asking...what is that supposed to mean? When do they say that?
Not sure which of the 3 says it, but it happens on a check swing. When I first heard it, I thought it was my mind, but now I’ve heard it at least 20x. It should be “check swing on the pitch”

Last edited by NJ2NC; 07-21-2020 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 07-22-2020, 03:31 PM   #69
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829

Ever notice the bats behind her in some cut scenes? They are gigantic in comparison..
Old 07-23-2020, 12:07 AM   #70
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

I just can’t believe Matt V has been the play by play for 14 years. How can the developers possibly think we’re not burned out of him by now? Is he family of someone high up in San Diego Studio or something?
Old 07-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
I just can’t believe Matt V has been the play by play for 14 years. How can the developers possibly think we’re not burned out of him by now? Is he family of someone high up in San Diego Studio or something?
I think they keep him around for continuity and the vast databank they have built up with him. what I like is until this year they had a revolving door the last few years with the broadcast team. last year Heidi was new, in 18 it was DeRo, 17 was Plesac and Reynolds. I like Vasgersian but he's no Vin Scully. but then, who is. when the PS5 era kicks off, if they don't want to entirely move on from Vasgersian, it would be great if there were 2 broadcast 2 teams of 2 man booths instead of 1 team 3 man booth.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 08:11 PM   #72
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Listen to Matt tonight on Sunday Night Baseball. The emotion on the Judge homerun, was perfect.

Go play the show and listen to his same boring, lifeless homerun calls.

The guy has emotion, but its simple, the show team can't bring that emotion out of him for this game. They've had time, so no more excuses, this has passed.

I've said it elsewhere, similar to UFC and Michael Buffer. Buffer cant bring the same emotion in studio to record like he does live. Guess what the UFC team did? They took the audio from actual fights and incorporated his emotion into the game....bam..fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »