Home

Old 03-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Thanks SDS!!!

I am sure you guys at SDS have seen the messages from a lot of folks on this forum frustrated with the initial release of this game. I have had some frustrations too, but I understand how complex it can be to make these games given the fewer manpower (Madden still hasn't gotten it right), short release cycle, the maxed out fidelity, and the new playstation on the horizon.

Every year I watch the pre-release streams expecting a let down on release day. Yet every year you find a way to make a great game even greater. As an offline franchise guy, I am frankly blown away by the SHOW this year, despite perhaps some emphasis on other modes and some hiccups out of the box. I can't wait to see what you have in store for next year. But I think this version will keep me well occupied until then.

Thank you!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Thanks SDS!!!

What are you thanking them for? The garbage release? The LONE half baked franchise addition? The copy n paste road to the show? The crappy player progression/regression? The garbage AI? Donít know why your thanking them. The game has been a MESS. The fact that need to release patches to fix simple things RIGHT AFTER release....is RIDICULOUS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
I am sure you guys at SDS have seen the messages from a lot of folks on this forum frustrated with the initial release of this game. I have had some frustrations too, but I understand how complex it can be to make these games given the fewer manpower (Madden still hasn't gotten it right), short release cycle, the maxed out fidelity, and the new playstation on the horizon.

Every year I watch the pre-release streams expecting a let down on release day. Yet every year you find a way to make a great game even greater. As an offline franchise guy, I am frankly blown away by the SHOW this year, despite perhaps some emphasis on other modes and some hiccups out of the box. I can't wait to see what you have in store for next year. But I think this version will keep me well occupied until then.

Thank you!!
Old 03-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #3
Banned

Donít forget the ďfull minor league rostersĒ they promised....only to have a BARRAGE of them missing (Gavin Lux Aj Puk etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knich

Thank you!!
Old 03-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #4
Play Ball!

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb6
What are you thanking them for? The garbage release? The LONE half baked franchise addition? The copy n paste road to the show? The crappy player progression/regression? The garbage AI? Donít know why your thanking them. The game has been a MESS. The fact that need to release patches to fix simple things RIGHT AFTER release....is RIDICULOUS.
Quote:
Donít forget the ďfull minor league rostersĒ they promised....only to have a BARRAGE of them missing (Gavin Lux Aj Puk etc)
There are plenty of places for you to voice your displeasure with the game, hell you can even create your own thread voicing that displeasure.

He's entitled to his opinion just like you're entitled to yours, but there is absolutely no reason for you to come into this thread and **** on his opinion the way you did, other than you feel the need to refute anyone's opinion who is different than yours.

You knew what this thread was going to be when you clicked on it, you could've easily just bypassed instead of making a scene. But I guess misery loves company.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 03-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Every year I think it can't get any better than this and every year it some how manages to do just that!! I'm doing an Orioles franchise and I love it!! It's cool to play with a team that I don't normally play with and realize how much fun it can be using different players. Trey Mancini is an absolute beast for me! Also, the orange Orioles jerseys are one of the best jerseys in all of baseball. Had no clue I would enjoy them like I do.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 11:26 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 8

in these troubling times I cant imagine trying to get through the last few weeks w/o the Show and I damn sure dont want to go through the next few weeks w/o it. if the Show were made for Caulfield and Caulfield alone, sure I'd swap some things in for some that aren't. but all in all it works well enough for me to already know 21 is a day 1 purchase next spring.

thanks Sandy Eggo, stay grassy
Old 03-29-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Coming from someone who played an entire season of The Show 19 pitch-for-pitch all the way up to the ALCS (fresh out of college last year and trouble finding a job right away), Iím also shocked by how much more polished this game feels.

The lag/stutters we had last year are gone. It feels like Iím playing on a new system with how butter smooth it is. The likeness of the players has grown a TON (Tim Anderson, Moncada, Eloy, to name a few on the Sox) and I can feel it in every swing. Animations are so fluid. The in-game overlay presentation is really slick. The OUTFIELD FEELS LIFE-SIZE FINALLY (balls popped up down the line can drop for doubles)!

Overall, this game has made STRIDES from last year, not just steps. And again, thatís coming from a franchise-only player who played an entire season last year.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:28 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
What are you thanking them for? The garbage release? The LONE half baked franchise addition? The copy n paste road to the show? The crappy player progression/regression? The garbage AI? Don’t know why your thanking them. The game has been a MESS. The fact that need to release patches to fix simple things RIGHT AFTER release....is RIDICULOUS.
Quote:
Don’t forget the “full minor league rosters” they promised....only to have a BARRAGE of them missing (Gavin Lux Aj Puk etc)
There are very few, if any, modern games that are this complex that don't have problems out of the gate? Red Dead Redemption 2 was in the making for like 8 years and it had major problems. As I said, Madden which has a crew probably 10x larger than SDS, still hasn't gotten basic gameplay right let alone all the other issues.

The one thing THE SHOW has always gotten pretty darn right is gameplay. No game is going to be perfect for everyone..we are always going to prioritize what we think is perfect. That said, the reason you are even in these forums is because they've gotten enough right that you are even here. Think about that...

So you can call the release garbage, but I just spent $59 (well $79 for early release) on something I can play for at least a year and likely years (Of course I buy every year lol). I bet you have spent that much in one night of entertainment. So I'd say that is not a good but a GREAT investment. And that is why I say thank you to SDS on behalf of those who really appreciate what they do even if the game is not perfect.

As I think Armor said in another thread, this game allows us to escape reality and do what we probably have dreamed of doing as a kid but were not good enough to do as an adult. Kudos to THE SHOW!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »