Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
MVP
 
underdog13's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,193
Perfect-Perfect Misleading?

So I'm not 100% if this is just a glitch or just how the game operates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSLoDhhR8QI

If you go to 17:25, you'll see I get an outside pitch and get a perfect-perfect with Baez. However it goes foul and the next pitch you see that it's changed to squared-up and late.

Anybody else have that happen to them?

For reference the wind was blowing out to center.
__________________
PSN: Dalton1985
Steam: Failure To Communicate
underdog13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
All Star
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Apr 2011
Blog Entries: 16
Re: Perfect-Perfect Misleading?

I wonder if perfect-perfect foul balls are ''corrected'' to late or early.
__________________
-_-
Caulfield is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
MVP
 
underdog13's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,193
Re: Perfect-Perfect Misleading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I wonder if perfect-perfect foul balls are ''corrected'' to late or early.
Yeah that's probably what it is.
__________________
PSN: Dalton1985
Steam: Failure To Communicate
underdog13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
GLORIA!!!!
 
bcruise's Arena
 
OVR: 48
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 21,583
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Perfect-Perfect Misleading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I wonder if perfect-perfect foul balls are ''corrected'' to late or early.
Yeah, this is pretty much it. There's a line in the Strategy guide "Other" section that says anecdotally with an average team and user skill "97% of Perfect Contact will be fair, with the other 3% being just barely foul due to wind, ball spin, or the stadium (foul pole distance)"

Regardless of what those numbers actually look like for every individual, that line implies that hits registering as perfect contact can be foul. And if it shows up as perfect before the resolution of the play but not perfect afterward while still showing the same numbers, then the game corrected it.
bcruise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.

Top -