Home

Bassrunning interface Removed on patch

This is a discussion on Bassrunning interface Removed on patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #25
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bassrunning interface Removed on patch

I think the bigger issue was that whoever did this didn’t go into the game on AUTO field MANUAL throw and go, “whoops, that’s not going to work”. I can’t believe this was a design issue unless you like playing like a sadist. This just wasn’t thought out and wasn’t tested. Furthermore......why? Who said, “hey got this great new design we need to implement”. If this was just a FUBAR hope someone can come aboard and put this to rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith05
so what is everyone doing as a workaround? Manuel fielding and manuel throwing and manual baserunning?

Or

Auto throwing manual baserunning?
It does not affect these when you already do your own base running.

It affects the users who auto field and manual throw.

It affects those that auto run but want to take over (which I di not know if that even works anymore with this wonderful arbitrary design decision with zero explanation).

The only temporary solutions for those who play clean screen are to:

Go to manual fielding - negative.....I do not want all that clutter and clunky BS in my game offline

Go to full auto/auto on fielding and throwing - this is where I am going till it get’s resolved.

If you control your own runners.....this patch did nothing to that. If you auto base run and want to take over....I imagine (without testing it yet) it is FUBAR now.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
It does not affect these when you already do your own base running.

It affects the users who auto field and manual throw.

It affects those that auto run but want to take over (which I di not know if that even works anymore with this wonderful arbitrary design decision with zero explanation).

The only temporary solutions for those who play clean screen are to:

Go to manual fielding - negative.....I do not want all that clutter and clunky BS in my game offline

Go to full auto/auto on fielding and throwing - this is where I am going till it get’s resolved.

If you control your own runners.....this patch did nothing to that. If you auto base run and want to take over....I imagine (without testing it yet) it is FUBAR now.

Armor I like you, use auto fielding/manual throwing and autobaserunning

Yes you canm still advance runners if you want on auto in this years game....I can go to manual baserunning not a big deal but i dont really want to go to manual fielding..
Old 04-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #28
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Not for those who bought digitally. And if you have a disc copy. Out of the box or 1.06 take tour pick.

And no online play if you do not update.

So it is a complete mess right now and we simply can only report the bugs.

I simply do not know what is going on over there right now.

But it is obvious to me that the stay at home orders are clearly wrecking havoc on the development team and updates.

I have never seen this kind of incompetence from SDS and there is no other word to use right now.

It is not funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If they can’t do any better than this then they need to stop releasing updates until they’re able to return to their studio. This is simply unacceptable. You can’t play baseball if you have no clue where the runners are.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #29
Rookie

BigChillin's Arena

Smile Re: Bassrunning interface Removed on patch

This is terrible. Completely ruins fielding for me. I don't mind so much if I can't see my own runners, but with auto fielding and manual throwing, this update is gamebreaking. Especially because in this year's game, some of the CPU running decisions are questionable at best, such as constantly trying to turn routine singles into a double for some reason after I throw it to my cut off man.

What a terrible decision. Even if I was doing everything on auto, why WOULDN'T I want to see what the baserunners are doing? They need to change this back.

Edit: I've also noticed after this patch that sometimes the pitch count will randomly dissappear. That's not nearly as big of a deal but is kind of annoying as well.

Last edited by BigChillin; 04-01-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #30
Rookie

Armor i have my running on auto too and I dont see the diamond on offense either
Old 04-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #31
Rookie

WTH happened? When I turned on the game it had me start all over from the beginning, picking my level and preferred team. Did this game get infected by COVID-19? Not being able to see where the base runners are at is terrible, and it's near impossible to play Defense correctly. I'm trying to understand why they can't leave well enough alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #32
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

I just played a full game with fielding on auto, throwing manual, no base runner diamond. It’s not my preferred experience but it is by no means unplayable for me. I’ve played this game more than enough to know where the ball should be going. You can also use cues from the announcers, crowd, teammates, etc. On offense even though I’ve always used auto, I still make most decisions myself. I just put base-running on manual for me and it doesn’t feel much different from auto. Base runners still go half way and will still do things without you having to prompt them like running when the ball is put in play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »