Home

PCI Issues

This is a discussion on PCI Issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
PCI Issues

So I've been using Zone hitting, and I've noticed that the PCI isn't always going to where I try to put it. And it's not just a little off... I'll try to swing down and away, and the indicator post-swing will show up and in, or I'll try to go inside on a pitch, but the indicator is again far from where I know that I placed it during the swing.

I began using Zone hitting late in last years game during the regular off-season for baseball... It seemed to be more precise in 19 than in this year's game.

Any tips on how to move it where I want to swing? When I move the L stuck, it's when I begin my stride before actually swinging. Should I try to wait longer? Shorter? One thing I do know is that it's a more than often occurrence. Once in a while I could see... But not with the regularity it's been happening with.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: PCI Issues

I know that it shifts a little up or down depending on your swing timing, and you can actually see this pretty easily in real time if you have the interface on, swing very early (like just after the ball leaves the pitcher's hand), and get one of those ugly-looking lunge swing animations. The PCI's location over home plate will actually move slightly upward as soon as you press the swing button, but since it disappears once the ball crosses home plate you have to look quickly.

But you're right - it shouldn't be moving left or right, and especially not to the other side of the plate. So I don't have an answer for you on that other than to try to make sure you're holding it one place when you swing. I play almost exclusively with Zone, and I never have any issues like that.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:02 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I am having the same issue.

I’ve been playing zone analog with stride for 4-5 years? I dunno how long, whenever they added it is when I started.

Anyways, ya I’m noticing the exact same thing. I’ve been trying to figure out if it’s something new to the mechanic, if it’s user error, or if it’s actually just borked.

I never saw any info on changes to the mechanic so I kinda ruled that out. I was thinking user error but honestly I’ve been playing zone analog with stride long enough to know I’m not doing anything different so it doesn’t make sense that it’s user error unless maybe the mechanic or possibly the sensitivity has changed.

I was really starting to think it was just me as I’ve been google searching the issue sporadically and this thread is literally the first time I’ve seen anyone else comment on it so I’m glad I’m not alone.

I feel like it might be borked. I don’t throw the term unplayable around as it’s grossly overused, but it’s close to that bad for me. Left on left or right on right scenarios make sliders and curve balls in the zone wicked hard to handle. The PCI just often ends up completely away from where I’m aiming.

The only other possibility I can seem to deduce is maybe it’s just way more sensitive then in past games. The concept of keeping one stick still as you rapidly move the other down and up is actually pretty difficult. The problem I have with that theory is like the OP experienced, it’s wayyyyy off. Like completely polar opposite of where I’m aiming.

I dunno, it very well could be intentional but if it is, I dunno if I’ll ever get used to it and the frustration I’m having is almost unbearable.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I was doing well with it in 19, and actually went back and played several games/Moments using Zone/Stride. What I learned is that while if would be off some (usually based on the movement of the controller due to my swinging a bit harder so there was movement on my end)

When I went back to 20, it was MUCH FURTHER from where I intended it to be. Using high contact players, and using Clay Bellinger in CotW, I noticed severely different spotting. I'd go low/inside using contact (to have the largest are of contact with the PCI) and it would end up high/outside (the added PCI size would be way out of the strike zone, but the heart of the PCI was on the upper high/outside corned away)

It seems like using Pure Analog or maybe Directional may be the way to go for now. It's something that definitely seems like it needs to be tweaked. I enjoyed using Zone in 19 and got pretty good with it. The jump seems too large to be anything I'm doing. It's disappointing because I've hit much better using Zone in 19 and was looking forward to putting it to use in 20. (Especially online in Ranked Seasons)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »