Home

Wind never blows in in franchise

This is a discussion on Wind never blows in in franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #9
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Wind never blows in in franchise

Playing with the Cubs, I see the wind blow in at Wrigley all the time. I've seen it blowing in at Pittsburgh and a few other places as well.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:19 PM   #10
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Playing with the Cubs, I see the wind blow in at Wrigley all the time. I've seen it blowing in at Pittsburgh and a few other places as well.
And Wrigley is one of the places that should often have a headwind, especially relative to most other stadiums. This is a good sign, thank you for posting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-03-2020, 06:10 PM   #11
Rookie

I've noticed something that may be a bug. The first time I pause the game during franchise, the wind is shown blowing straight to centerfield while the flags in game don't reflect that. When pausing a second time (and the rest of the way through the game) the wind direction is correctly shown in the pause menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #12
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natejelinek
I've noticed something that may be a bug. The first time I pause the game during franchise, the wind is shown blowing straight to centerfield while the flags in game don't reflect that. When pausing a second time (and the rest of the way through the game) the wind direction is correctly shown in the pause menu.
I've also noted that when the announcers tell you about the weather, they often get the wind opposite of what the pause menu says that it is. This isn't new to this year's title, as its been this way for a while. Based on experience, I trust the direction in the pause menu as being correct.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Maybe that's what I'm seeing. I use the options button in press box view/manage mode and the arrow indicates it is blowing straight to center field. Speed differs from game to game but direction is the same.

I'll take a closer look. Game log also indicates wind speed and direction.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:57 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
I've also noted that when the announcers tell you about the weather, they often get the wind opposite of what the pause menu says that it is. This isn't new to this year's title, as its been this way for a while. Based on experience, I trust the direction in the pause menu as being correct.
What's odd is regardless of which direction the wind is blowing balls down both foul lines always curve foul. In a realistic sim the wind would impact the direction of the ball. They apparently programmed the ball to always curve without regard to wind.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:01 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I've played around 30 games in franchise. I have not seen the wind blow in. Most of the time it blows straight out. Sometimes it blows across. Never in.

I wonder if this was done to generate more home runs to replicate what happened in 2019 or if it is another glitch which somehow worked its way into the game.
Oddly...most of my games the wind has been either in or across. I have played about 30 games too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I will say it doesn't happen enough from what I've seen so far.

I will remind though, there are a lot of stadiums that a notorious for having a tailwind. Yankee Stadium was specifically built to have a prevailing and intense tailwind.
Playing with Yanks..but still seeing mostly in and across. Maybe handful of games with wind blowing out.

Quote:
Definitely a bug.

Quote:
The wind direction usually is wrong at the begin of the game until you hit the pause. And it is usually blowing out. This is why I think some are thinking they are seeing too many wind blowing out games, as that was my initial impression.

I agree. I also trust the flags.

Last edited by knich; 04-04-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #16
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Oddly...most of my games the wind has been either in or across. I have played about 30 games too.

Playing with Yanks..but still seeing mostly in and across. Maybe handful of games with wind blowing out.

Definitely a bug.

The wind direction usually is wrong at the begin of the game until you hit the pause. And it is usually blowing out. This is why I think some are thinking they are seeing too many wind blowing out games, as that was my initial impression.

I agree. I also trust the flags.
That's an interesting take. I almost always pause the game by the second inning, so maybe that's why I see things different than some. I want to see the wind direction, and I want to check on the fatigue status of the CPU bullpen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »