Home

Better frame rate and smoother game play at day time compared to night?

This is a discussion on Better frame rate and smoother game play at day time compared to night? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2020, 05:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Better frame rate and smoother game play at day time compared to night?

It seems they did fix the frame rates at a lot of major league stadiums this year and even at night time for the most part on faster mode the game seems to play at 60fps with minimal frame drops, but does anyone else notice the game seems to play a whole lot smoother and more responsive at day time compared to night?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Better frame rate and smoother game play at day time compared to night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMets2016
It seems they did fix the frame rates at a lot of major league stadiums this year and even at night time for the most part on faster mode the game seems to play at 60fps with minimal frame drops, but does anyone else notice the game seems to play a whole lot smoother and more responsive at day time compared to night?

I have noticed this, but in balanced mode.

There also seems to be something that happened to a select group of people(myself included) after the 1.5 update. Balanced mode has random frame rate stutters/gameplay slow downs while batting and pitching.

Was very smooth until this update.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Yes, I noticed after one of the updates (can't pinpoint which one) the framerate was slightly worse than I seem to think it was before...on balanced.
Maybe just me, but the framerate always seems better when I play games when the weather is overcast daytime at GABP. i play on ps4 pro and use the reds. i've found overcast daytime + fast option to be super buttery smooth @ GABP...but like i said, could just be my imagination.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
Yes, I noticed after one of the updates (can't pinpoint which one) the framerate was slightly worse than I seem to think it was before...on balanced.
Maybe just me, but the framerate always seems better when I play games when the weather is overcast daytime at GABP. i play on ps4 pro and use the reds. i've found overcast daytime + fast option to be super buttery smooth @ GABP...but like i said, could just be my imagination.
I play on faster and I don't think it's your imagination. Playing at day time in June at Shea Stadium yesterday in a play now game and the game was buttery smooth and amazing.

Playing in playoff mode ( which causes crowds to be packed, plus have more animations go on, at night time games ) at different ballparks, the game still seems to typically play at 60fps or so but it has occasional drops but still doesn't seem as smooth although it's playable.

They made definite improvements over last year, where I tried March to October and played opening day against the Nationals in Nationals Park and the game's frame rate was horrible last year, but it still doesn't seem to always be 60FPS smooth at all times in some ball parks at night time.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes the game is a hell of a lot smoother in day games. Still though, the frame rate is general is a huge problem for this series. While core pitching and batting is smooth on the faster setting, there’s a lot more to baseball than that and when frames are jumping all over the place like on foul balls, fielding and cutscenes it’s terrible.

Every year you have people say the game is smoother but it’s all a lie and pure placebo effect. It’s been exactly the same since 17. Maybe it’s the limitations of the hardware at this point but if it’s not completely fixed for next gen that’s a huge failure for SDS. I consider this the number one issue affecting this game. Speaking from a PS4 Pro on fastest setting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
Rookie

I also find it baffling that in the age of high refresh rate gaming and other huge forums like resetera you see people on there moaning and groaning all day about not being able to slay their monsters with 60 frames. But yet, the sports gaming universe, which would absolutely benefit the most from high frame rates, doesn’t seem to give less of a you know what and let’s this sub optimal performance slide. It’s mind boggling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »