Home

MLB The Show 20: Update 1.08 Now Live With One Notable Tweak for Fielding

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: Update 1.08 Now Live With One Notable Tweak for Fielding within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2020, 09:01 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20: Update 1.08 Now Live With One Notable Tweak for Fielding

And like clockwork, patches are released that break something. Literally an annual occurrence.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 09:09 PM   #26
Rookie

Phillies19's Arena

Catch a fly ball is a struggle my god! A easy fly to RF to Kepler as he gets close to the circle he slows down and acts like he is going to catch the ball, only for the ball to bounce 3 feet away WTF

A wall scapper HR i run towards the wall to rob it McCutchen slows down and dont even get to the wall while the ball goes for a HR.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:16 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
https://youtu.be/kEKP-S-zkx4

What can I be doing wrong? Second play in RF go to get behind ball on guy tagging.. completely wiff.

Never had issues any other year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I watched the videos a few times:

First one it looks as though the fielder just didn't get to the catch area and went into an animation where he "attempts" to catch it, but he again wasn't in position. He looked to be a step away from actually having a chance to make the play.

Second one with Judge. To me it looks as though you started on the arrows to get ready to catch and throw, but then ran up to the circle and the fielder never settled in and then missed the ball.

Both of these were in '19 and years before as animations that play out when either one the fielder chasing a fly ball going away from him and attempts and misses, and the error animation that triggers when a fielder doesn't get settled into a catch position because the user is moving the stick.

That's my personal observation at least.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-10-2020, 09:55 PM   #28
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I just quit after 4 fielding errors with my outfielders standing completely on the indicator and having the ball bounce several feet behind, to the side, off their head and out of the glove. Both Fielders have ratings above 80.

I am about done with '20

I am just not having fun right now. The whole game just doesn't feel smooth or balanced to me.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:38 PM   #29
Rookie

S_pierce10's Arena

I also think I’m about done with 20. Something just feels off compared to how I had 19 playing. And I don’t use manual fielding so I can only imagine how frustrating that must be for you guys. Its unfortunate because 20 has many good aspects but the gameplay, especially hitting just feels off.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:04 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Hitting and pitch speeds still the same in my experience
Country Boy, while I have always respected your opinion on this game (and will continue to do so), I would have to disagree with you here. I just started my first game post patch. Playing as my Twins against the White Sox. Reynaldo Lopez on the bump. Kepler, double off the wall in right center. Polanco, 2-run bomb. Donaldson, solo shot. Cruz, solo shot. Rosario, solo shot. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back homeruns. I was hitting homeruns before the patch, but nothing like this. With Rosario, I was trying swing early and purposely mess up the timing, and he still blasted one out of here.

I know it is only one game (one inning) but is anyone else seeing that hitting has become too easy?

Edit: Right after typing this, Buxton hits a 3-run homerun. Still in the first inning. Lopez has been pulled, now facing Herrera.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 04-11-2020, 07:37 AM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
Country Boy, while I have always respected your opinion on this game (and will continue to do so), I would have to disagree with you here. I just started my first game post patch. Playing as my Twins against the White Sox. Reynaldo Lopez on the bump. Kepler, double off the wall in right center. Polanco, 2-run bomb. Donaldson, solo shot. Cruz, solo shot. Rosario, solo shot. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back homeruns. I was hitting homeruns before the patch, but nothing like this. With Rosario, I was trying swing early and purposely mess up the timing, and he still blasted one out of here.

I know it is only one game (one inning) but is anyone else seeing that hitting has become too easy?

Edit: Right after typing this, Buxton hits a 3-run homerun. Still in the first inning. Lopez has been pulled, now facing Herrera.
I've played 5 games since the patch and hitting feels no different now than before. That's just my experience.

I'm currently playing a game against the Dodgers in Dodger Stadium where it's 1-0 us in the bottom of the 7th and the only run came on a RBI groundout by Brendan McKay. There has been a total of 4 hits in the game between the two teams (each have 2)

So for my experience nothing has changed. Maybe you're experiencing a one game fluke, or maybe that trend will continue, who knows, but I don't feel as though the patch has done anything to hitting, especially since it wasn't mentioned in the notes.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2020, 08:04 AM   #32
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I have not seen a difference with hitting. I actually just had a 2-1 game. There are runs and ebbs and flows. I still think there are ultimately too many home runs this year, but no change with this patch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »