Home

Player’s pictures after changing teams

This is a discussion on Player’s pictures after changing teams within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Player’s pictures after changing teams

Why (for years now) does each player’s profile picture change to a created player profile picture when they change teams? Such a minor thing, but I think it’s kind of stupid. Why not just let them keep their original picture despite having a hat on from original team?

Example. Mike Trout joins the Blue Jays. Now on the Jumbotron, roster picture, lineup card his face is a created player face rather than his original picture.

Anyone else think this is kind of stupid?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player’s pictures after changing teams

If you start a fantasy draft and then back out before a selection is made when starting a franchise then every player will have a created face. The rosters will stay intact and then at least you'll have some consistency.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't mind it, but it would be a nice option to have. We could have an option to have it how it is now, to use only the real player picture for all players that have them even if they switch teams, or an option to where everyone's picture is that of their in-game model.

I'd probably go with the in-game models at that point, but obviously everyone has different preferences.

― Plato
Old 04-15-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
If you start a fantasy draft and then back out before a selection is made when starting a franchise then every player will have a created face. The rosters will stay intact and then at least you'll have some consistency.
My issue is that I think it shouldn’t do that at all. I just think it’s stupid. Why have a created player face for players who’s profile pics are in there to begin with? Why change it?
Old 04-15-2020, 03:10 PM   #5
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanP421
Why (for years now) does each player’s profile picture change to a created player profile picture when they change teams? Such a minor thing, but I think it’s kind of stupid. Why not just let them keep their original picture despite having a hat on from original team?

Example. Mike Trout joins the Blue Jays. Now on the Jumbotron, roster picture, lineup card his face is a created player face rather than his original picture.

Anyone else think this is kind of stupid?
Because back in the day people jumped up and down about seeing guys you traded for wearing the wrong hat...so they changed it to these fake looking players instead.. I'm with you, can't stand it but...hey the popular vote won.. go figure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanP421
My issue is that I think it shouldn’t do that at all. I just think it’s stupid. Why have a created player face for players who’s profile pics are in there to begin with? Why change it?
Because there are probably people who would feel like you do now if Trout had an Angles uniform on in his picture when he has been a Blue Jay for 3 seasons. This is a scenario where you can't please all. I don't understand how in today's age where it's so easy to edit photos the MLB or SCEA don't have some method where the players take those pictures in generic uniforms that can easily be swapped for any uniform in baseball in the even that they are traded, released, whatever.

― Plato
Old 04-15-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Because there are probably people who would feel like you do now if Trout had an Angles uniform on in his picture when he has been a Blue Jay for 3 seasons. This is a scenario where you can't please all. I don't understand how in today's age where it's so easy to edit photos the MLB or SCEA don't have some method where the players take those pictures in generic uniforms that can easily be swapped for any uniform in baseball in the even that they are traded, released, whatever.
It should be extremely easy to just input the new hat over their old hat in the image if they trade teams. Fantasy platforms do it, so it shouldn’t be that difficult to implement, I’d think?

People are silly if they’d rather have a created player face show up on Jumbotron while they are playing than their actual face lol.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:41 PM   #8
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0

Imagine how many more photos they'd have to add to have one for each player on each team. In fact, let's just do some quick math!

750 MLB players x MLB 30 teams = 22,500 player portrait photos in the game.

I'd prefer for SDS to use their resources and space within the game for something other than what you occasionally see on jumbotrons. Don't waste time/resources on photoshop, just give me the cyberfaces.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »