Home

Stolen Bases

This is a discussion on Stolen Bases within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2020, 09:31 AM   #25
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Stolen Bases

I bumped baserunner speed and stealing up one notch, and lowered pick off to zero, and it plays pretty much the same as it has for years for me. The CPU is still paranoid as anything trying to pick me off all game, but there's no way to eliminate that, I guess.

I use auto baserunning, hit the button to steal before the pitcher starts his windup, take a one step lead as he's getting set, and then try to take my second step as he's about to throw the ball to home.

There are issues of course, and times when I clearly make it to the bag and then get called out, but I have about an 80% success rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 08:24 AM   #26
Rookie

gp005's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel anything to do with baserunning in this game is just awful... my team success rate for trying to take an extra base or trying to steal a base is far lower than CPUs.. I play with auto baserunning so go figure

The stealing base sim stats are terrible , too many players that never steal bases have way too many attempts
For ex. I'm 73 games into my Jay's franchise and the top 5 teams with most caught stealing attempts are 41,39,39,38,36.. well in 2019 at the end of season in real life was 47,39,38,38,37...
I have tried many slider variations to at least better the statistics, I've seen no changes
I've even tried player attributes
Old 04-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #27
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp005
I feel anything to do with baserunning in this game is just awful... my team success rate for trying to take an extra base or trying to steal a base is far lower than CPUs.. I play with auto baserunning so go figure

The stealing base sim stats are terrible , too many players that never steal bases have way too many attempts
For ex. I'm 73 games into my Jay's franchise and the top 5 teams with most caught stealing attempts are 41,39,39,38,36.. well in 2019 at the end of season in real life was 47,39,38,38,37...
I have tried many slider variations to at least better the statistics, I've seen no changes
I've even tried player attributes
Exactly. Those numbers are exactly why I decided to post this thread in the first place. Merrifield and Mondesi are so fast, and rated so high that it is inexcusable for them to have basically a 50% caught stealing rate in my Royals franchise. And I’ve been playing The Show for over a decade. It’s not like we’re all new to this game and haven’t mastered the art of the stolen base. That’s why there’s so much frustration with the baserunning. It’s broken.

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
MLB - Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies
NFL - Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers
NBA - Milwaukee Bucks, Memphis Grizzlies
Old 04-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #28
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Stolen Bases

I’m kinda used to the stealing being an issue.

What I will complain about though is I hate how this year I’m being picked off at 2nd base. I’ll hit a double with 2 outs, I have no desire to steal 3rd..yet the cpu will successfully pick me off at 2nd when I haven’t even taken a lead or anything. Inning over, picked off at 2nd with 2 outs and a runner in scoring position.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 04-29-2020 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #29
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I’m kinda used to the stealing being an issue.

What I will complain about though is I hate how this year I’m being picked off at 2nd base. I’ll hit a double with 2 outs, I have no desire to steal 3rd..yet the cpu will successfully pick me off at 2nd when I haven’t even taken a lead or anything. Inning over, picked off at 2nd with 2 outs and a runner in scoring position.

My guys get picked off at first a lot more than I would think is reasonable, but I haven't even had the CPU throw to second this year a single time, as far as I can remember.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:07 PM   #30
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
My guys get picked off at first a lot more than I would think is reasonable, but I haven't even had the CPU throw to second this year a single time, as far as I can remember.

Man that’s crazy. My last game I got picked off twice at 2nd with 2 outs. I was furious.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #31
Rookie

I'm doing fine overall, but I can't steal 2nd with runners on 1st and 3rd without sending the runner on 3rd home. Been stealing bases the same exact way since The Show 18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #32
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Man that’s crazy. My last game I got picked off twice at 2nd with 2 outs. I was furious.

Perhaps the difficulty level effects this aspect. I play on Veteran+. I also have the slider all the way to zero for pickoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »