Home

Stolen Bases

This is a discussion on Stolen Bases within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stolen Bases

I take an additional step lead and push back towards first with the L stick while holding down R2, this way any time they pick I get back safely. Has always worked in the past, this year however the baserunner will head back to first half way thru his attempt....anyone else seeing this?
Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've had success pressing L2 to steal and then holding L1 until the pitcher makes his move to the plate.

I stole second last night on default HOF with Swanson, who has a 70-something speed rating and a 50-something steal rating. On default All-Star, I was 5-for-5 with Acuńa (including a steal of third) and 2-of-3 with Albies.

Since you're not taking an extra step, the CPU won't automatically throw over. But be warned, if you're using this method and the CPU does throw over, you're dead.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #35
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I've had success pressing L2 to steal and then holding L1 until the pitcher makes his move to the plate.

I stole second last night on default HOF with Swanson, who has a 70-something speed rating and a 50-something steal rating. On default All-Star, I was 5-for-5 with Acuńa (including a steal of third) and 2-of-3 with Albies.

Since you're not taking an extra step, the CPU won't automatically throw over. But be warned, if you're using this method and the CPU does throw over, you're dead.
Interesting. So essentially, you’re holding both L2 and L1 and then releasing them both when the pitcher makes his move home?

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
MLB - Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies
NFL - Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers
NBA - Milwaukee Bucks, Memphis Grizzlies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 05:20 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallBryan23
Interesting. So essentially, you’re holding both L2 and L1 and then releasing them both when the pitcher makes his move home?
Press and release L2 to pre-load the steal. Then press and hold L1 until the pitcher makes his move to the plate. So you're only holding L1.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:36 PM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf

Yep....I finally found my rhythm again with this method. I was having a rough go with Trea Turner but finally got my timing back with this.

Been stealing bases like this for years and we are back at it again. But let me tell you.....the simply pre-load is awful. The Jumps are simply terrible this cycle and if you do not use this method Lowerwolf is talking about your success rate will be brutal. And that is with very good base stealers.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #38
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yep....I finally found my rhythm again with this method. I was having a rough go with Trea Turner but finally got my timing back with this.

Been stealing bases like this for years and we are back at it again. But let me tell you.....the simply pre-load is awful. The Jumps are simply terrible this cycle and if you do not use this method Lowerwolf is talking about your success rate will be brutal. And that is with very good base stealers.

So load the steal up with L2 and then hold L1 until delivery? I thought the runner would jump the second you pressed L1, I’ll have to try this because I’m struggling on the base paths

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #39
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
So load the steal up with L2 and then hold L1 until delivery? I thought the runner would jump the second you pressed L1, I’ll have to try this because I’m struggling on the base paths

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Holding L1 simply makes him lean towards second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #40
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceJulien14
Holding L1 simply makes him lean towards second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk