Home

Stolen Bases

This is a discussion on Stolen Bases within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2020, 11:22 AM   #57
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stolen Bases

Don't know if this is a placebo effect type thing on helping not get picked off when you have a steal qued up. Or if it actually works. But it seems to help.

I do the Tap L2 to que up the steal then hold L1 and finally release it when I want the "break" to happen thing. Obviously when they try to pick you off you get picked off 98% of the time.

So what I do is as soon I see the camera switch to the pick off cam(when on 1st) or see the infielders behind the runner on 2nd move hard to the bag I let go of L1 and immediately press R1. Even with taking an extra lead (1 step) from the default lead it gives you on 2nd i can get back most of the time. I've stop taken extra leads on 1st due to increases the chances of throw overs/pitch outs. But I've had success getting back when i'm going on a pitch and they throw over.

Seems this get back reaction is tied to players steal rating cause i have more success getting back with higher "steal" rated players. Which makes sense.

Like i said maybe it's all of a placebo type thing and don't see it mentioned anywhere in the controls but just throwing it out there.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #58
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallBryan23
Seriously! It’s crazy. So far in my franchise (through May 4), there are NINE catchers with 6+ stolen base attempts. Jorge Alfaro from Miami is among the NL leaders with 7 stolen bases. It’s just ridiculous.
The roster I use Jorge Alfaro of the Marlins has a speed rating of 75, so that is possible.

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 05-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #59
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizfan2
The roster I use Jorge Alfaro of the Marlins has a speed rating of 75, so that is possible.
Ok, maybe Alfaro could be an exception, but there shouldn’t be that many catchers among SB league leaders. Nelson Cruz has 5 (through May 12) and his steal & baserunning aggresivenss are both at 0.

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
MLB - Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies
NFL - Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers
NBA - Milwaukee Bucks, Memphis Grizzlies

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »