Home

Old 05-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

cubspac's Arena

OVR: 8
Franchise 30 team control issue

I have my roster set with all teams just having 26 on the roster. I have 2 profile set up. One for me which has everything manual and another profile for the rest of the teams set to auto. Every time I go into franchise load my roster select my team and the profile for me and then select the other teams with the other profile with everything to set to auto I enter franchise I have 40 man rosters and my line ups are messed up. What am I doing wrong? Could someone walk me through what to do for a 30 team control and not have my rosters messed up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Franchise 30 team control issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubspac
I have my roster set with all teams just having 26 on the roster. I have 2 profile set up. One for me which has everything manual and another profile for the rest of the teams set to auto. Every time I go into franchise load my roster select my team and the profile for me and then select the other teams with the other profile with everything to set to auto I enter franchise I have 40 man rosters and my line ups are messed up. What am I doing wrong? Could someone walk me through what to do for a 30 team control and not have my rosters messed up
This is a feature that has been in this and most other sports games forever. The rosters and lineups you set in exhibition mode are always messed with in Season or Franchise or Tournament mode. The game needs to rearrange things for the season play to respond to real life calendar marks like spring training. So in order to expand the roster, it simply uses whatever formula it uses to reset your teams. Usually by best overall rating. The only way some of us have gotten around this for years is to set 40 man rosters in exhibition mode but only leave 25 on the major league team. That seems to stop the game from wreaking havoc on your lineups. It even seems to stop the game from messing with batting orders and rotations.

Now, hate to ruin the parade, but I've been hearing that it seems this no longer works in The Show 20. I wouldn't be able to confirm that, I stayed on PS3 for The Show with updated rosters.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:22 PM   #3
Rookie

cubspac's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
This is a feature that has been in this and most other sports games forever. The rosters and lineups you set in exhibition mode are always messed with in Season or Franchise or Tournament mode. The game needs to rearrange things for the season play to respond to real life calendar marks like spring training. So in order to expand the roster, it simply uses whatever formula it uses to reset your teams. Usually by best overall rating. The only way some of us have gotten around this for years is to set 40 man rosters in exhibition mode but only leave 25 on the major league team. That seems to stop the game from wreaking havoc on your lineups. It even seems to stop the game from messing with batting orders and rotations.

Now, hate to ruin the parade, but I've been hearing that it seems this no longer works in The Show 20. I wouldn't be able to confirm that, I stayed on PS3 for The Show with updated rosters.

That’s what I have done I have all my teams rosters at 26 and ever time I go into franchise my roster I saved is no longer there and has a 40 man roster plus all my lineups are messed up
Old 05-19-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubspac
Thatís what I have done I have all my teams rosters at 26 and ever time I go into franchise my roster I saved is no longer there and has a 40 man roster plus all my lineups are messed up
That's why I said to you that you may need to ask around because I think that this no longer works.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #5
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

It does not work this year. The game will auto fill your roster to 40 man no matter what you do outside of Franchise.

What you have to do is go into Spring Training and adjust your rosters. But you do have to set your 40 man as well or the game will do it for you.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 05-20-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

...glad there is yet another reason to have stopped playing The Show after the PS3

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »