Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #1
MVP
 
Rmiok222's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Pitching marker having a seizure

For those who use pitch marker ďonĒ why do some of my pitches freak out when Iím trying to aim it while others donít? Is that pitch confidence coming into play or what?


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rmiok222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2020, 08:14 PM   #2
Pro
 
jrnlgrn's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,328
Re: Pitching marker having a seizure

Could it be your controller? I recently bought a controller that's a dud and the left stick is very "jumpy" it's like the deadzone is off. I did some searching and looks like common issue of a bad controller.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.
__________________
You don't chose a team it chooses you.
jrnlgrn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #3
Pro
 
wisdom less13's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Armpit of America, New Jersey
Re: Pitching marker having a seizure

Came here to say this. Remember, never pay full price for a controller...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Could it be your controller? I recently bought a controller that's a dud and the left stick is very "jumpy" it's like the deadzone is off. I did some searching and looks like common issue of a bad controller.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
METS. NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. PENGUINS. HURRICANE FOOTBALL. LEBRON.

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
wisdom less13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:11 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2017
Re: Pitching marker having a seizure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
For those who use pitch marker ďonĒ why do some of my pitches freak out when Iím trying to aim it while others donít? Is that pitch confidence coming into play or what?


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I notice the jumpy issue most when i'm aiming at the very edge of the zone. I don't think its a confidence issue because it happens even when confidence is high. If you aim out of the zone far enough the jumpy goes away, or at least lessens. Truthfully I never thought of it too deeply before. While it might not be THE reasoning, I think of it as nerves. Will my pitch ride the edge or will it float outside?
garry1221 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:14 AM   #5
Rookie
 
Cold Snap's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2018
Re: Pitching marker having a seizure

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
Remember, never pay full price for a controller...
What? Every bad controller I've ever used has been either secondhand or third-party (except 8bitdo, they're great).
Cold Snap is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2020, 04:51 AM   #6
Rookie
 
HawaiianRush's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Pitching marker having a seizure

Question, does it still jitter when you turn vibration off? I just assumed it jitters because of the controller vibrating.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
After not posting here since I guess 2014, I found that my signature had an old slider set for FIFA 15... super awkward...
HawaiianRush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #7
Pro
 
wisdom less13's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Armpit of America, New Jersey
Re: Pitching marker having a seizure

Well, you get what you deserve for buying secondhand or third party. I'm talking about paying full price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snap
What? Every bad controller I've ever used has been either secondhand or third-party (except 8bitdo, they're great).
Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
METS. NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. PENGUINS. HURRICANE FOOTBALL. LEBRON.

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
wisdom less13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:07 AM   #8
Play Ball!
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 45,077
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Pitching marker having a seizure

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianRush
Question, does it still jitter when you turn vibration off? I just assumed it jitters because of the controller vibrating.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Operation Sports mobile app
No it still happens.

I'm not sure what causes it, but if I let the L-stick go and let it go back to center, when I move it back to the location of my choice, it doesn't do it anymore.
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Top -