Home

Franchise & 40 man roster

This is a discussion on Franchise & 40 man roster within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise & 40 man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
This is not even what folks are talking about my friend.

In every version of The Show, until this year, you could edit or create 25 man rosters outside of Franchise mode and then when you started a Franchise they would stay as 25 man rosters and you could then move on with your season.

Now no matter what you do OUTSIDE of Franchise mode. Creating the same 25 man rosters mind you, the game will AUTOMATICALLY fill your 40 man squad as it see's fit even if everything is set to manual.

Believe me when I say the folks on here a VERY aware of the rules of Baseball, probably better than most fans.
Reread the OP my friend. Burning options is the exact thing he was complaining about. Thanks for enlightening me on your baseball knowledge.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #10
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Reread the OP my friend. Burning options is the exact thing he was complaining about. Thanks for enlightening me on your baseball knowledge.
You are partially correct, I am annoyed by the burning of player options at the end of spring training even though that's what happens IRL. But I should have said I am more annoyed by the broken game engine and broken automatic 40 man additions because it screws up minor league lineups (most I set by hand before franchise) and it picks random prospects to put on the 40 man who wouldn't be on it IRL and then they have to be exposed to waivers to correct the issue.
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 05-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #11
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I am running into an issue in my 30 team franchise. I control all 30 teams and have the 29 other teams set to a CPU profile and then have my team with my own profile. I loaded my roster with 26 man rosters set and no minor leaguers on the 40 man. I made sure that 40 man moves and roster moves were set to manual on the 29 CPU profiles. Yet, when I start the franchise up every team has purchased the contracts of their minor leaguers and now have full 40 man rosters. This then creates the issue of having to burn minor league options at the end of spring training; something I was hoping to avoid.

I am looking for any suggestions and help that may resolve this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
You are partially correct, I am annoyed by the burning of player options at the end of spring training even though that's what happens IRL. But I should have said I am more annoyed by the broken game engine and broken automatic 40 man additions because it screws up minor league lineups (most I set by hand before franchise) and it picks random prospects to put on the 40 man who wouldn't be on it IRL and then they have to be exposed to waivers to correct the issue.
See told you. LOL Maybe you should have read the OP a little better. Thanks redsoxfan.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Automatically filling the 40 man has been a thing for at LEAST 3 or 4 years in the game, i believe. Could be more, but I wasn't as deeply concerned beyond that and focused mostly on RTTS. Like many, I used to leave a few spots open, but it didn't take long to learn the error of my ways. Threads like this pop up multiple times a year. It really shouldn't be a surprise that this happens.

Quick fix could be to finish filling your 40 man with lowest rated/worst potential players. If you make moves, these players would be easiest to clear waivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »