Home

Old 05-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise & 40 man roster

I am running into an issue in my 30 team franchise. I control all 30 teams and have the 29 other teams set to a CPU profile and then have my team with my own profile. I loaded my roster with 26 man rosters set and no minor leaguers on the 40 man. I made sure that 40 man moves and roster moves were set to manual on the 29 CPU profiles. Yet, when I start the franchise up every team has purchased the contracts of their minor leaguers and now have full 40 man rosters. This then creates the issue of having to burn minor league options at the end of spring training; something I was hoping to avoid.

I am looking for any suggestions and help that may resolve this issue.
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
We swept the Cards!

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Franchise & 40 man roster

There a literally bunches of threads on this issue. This is just the way 20 is. No matter what you do outside of Franchise with the rosters when you start a franchise it will fill all team rosters to full 40 man rosters.

I don't know why they made this change, but its just the way it is now.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:58 PM   #3
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
There a literally bunches of threads on this issue. This is just the way 20 is. No matter what you do outside of Franchise with the rosters when you start a franchise it will fill all team rosters to full 40 man rosters.

Damn, that's crappy. So there's no way at all to go into franchise and not have to burn 14 options per team for 30 teams? That seems so wrong.
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 05-28-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
We swept the Cards!

Bullit's Arena

Not that I have been able to figure out. Yeah it sucks. I am sure they have a reason for it. But it is what is, I guess

Old 05-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #5
Rookie

smonee's Arena

OVR: 4

The mechanics behind the shows 40 man adjustments are off. They'll add a 54 overall and skip over a 67.
My fix is to turn off waivers for the cpu profile. Then fix each team myself without waivers the players i adjust will stay on their team. I usually do it right before spring training. Simulate 4 days so the players clear waivers. Then turn waivers back on.
Its annoying but a fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2020, 06:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit

I've run into the same issue as well, the CPU is too interferring when it comes to this, MANUAL should mean manual at all levels so they don't just sign random FAs off the street to fill out your AAA & AA rosters when under the minimum number of players it should just warn you that you're under and need to sign players and allow the option of the CPU to sign them (AUTO), you do it yourself (OK) or ignore (SKIP) especially considering you aren't playing minor league games til April so those rosters being set wouldn't matter until then. I personally like to leave 1-4 40-man spots open (for trades, waiver pickups, etc).
Old 05-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

I know everyone is beating SDS about this but if you are on the 40 man roster in Spring Training and aren't on the 26 man roster opening day you are supposed to lose an option. Per MLB website http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/40-man-roster
Old 05-29-2020, 11:26 AM   #8
We swept the Cards!

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I know everyone is beating SDS about this but if you are on the 40 man roster in Spring Training and aren't on the 26 man roster opening day you are supposed to lose an option. Per MLB website http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/40-man-roster
This is not even what folks are talking about my friend.

In every version of The Show, until this year, you could edit or create 25 man rosters outside of Franchise mode and then when you started a Franchise they would stay as 25 man rosters and you could then move on with your season.

Now no matter what you do OUTSIDE of Franchise mode. Creating the same 25 man rosters mind you, the game will AUTOMATICALLY fill your 40 man squad as it see's fit even if everything is set to manual.

Believe me when I say the folks on here a VERY aware of the rules of Baseball, probably better than most fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »