Home

MLB the Show 21 Wishlist

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 21 Wishlist within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2020, 05:48 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB the Show 21 Wishlist

ability to select when to challenge calls and not just at first base would be huge
Old 09-23-2020, 07:29 PM   #114
Pro

OVR: 5

Create a Team - The ability to share by uploading and to transfer to MLB 21 from MLB 20 the Show team rebranding sets which you have created (Uniforms, logos etc.) It would be a big nuisance to have to recreate them each year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-29-2020, 02:20 PM   #115
Rookie

1) Better trade logic, especially in RTTS. The last 2 seasons, I’ve been on a team with the best record in baseball and an incredible everyday lineup.
I’ve watched my team trade away good starting pitchers and key bullpen arms for position players who aren’t good enough to get into our lineup and don’t have high potential for the future.
Seems like RTTS, like Franchise (I think) would have contenders be buyers at the trade deadline and teams at the bottom be sellers (or rebuilders) and trade with that goal in mind.
Have the AI fill needs for their clubs instead of trading away the best players at positions where they have no depth in return for redundant players at positions where they have plenty of depth.

2) In RTTS practice mode, allow the user to choose which pitches to face in the session. For several seasons, all I saw was fastballs. Now, it’s fastballs and their best off-speed pitch. Let us decide how we want to practice from the beginning!

3) Don’t make the user skip games where he’s only used as a pinch-runner or defensive replacement (if there’s even such a thing as AI managers using defensive replacements). If the user’s player is a speed threat, pinch-running can be engaging, too.
Just put the user in the game picking up where he’s inserted into the game, just like when he pinch-hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #116
Pro

At the start of each regular season series, give me a series preview page with who’s hot and not (like it flashes now), a look at the season series, even if it’s just the boxes in one place, who’s played well against the other team and matchups to avoid. They already have the info in there, as it will tell me during a game Martinez is 4-for-22 against a pitcher, just give me access to the info before the series. All this info is in there already (the game cal already remember that I’ve won the first two of a series or 5 of 6 overall), just collect it all.
Also, a couple of other color analysts, even if they’re young guys no one has heard of or voice actors, to be used for non MLBN games to create a local broadcast feel. Nba 2k does this pretty well. They use national guys, but west coast guys for west games and guys you know aren’t the main guys. It makes a January game against a bad team feel different than Game 1 of the Finals.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:10 PM   #117
Pro

Creating Two Way Players:

I understand the process one must go through for a player to be entitled to be a two way player. However, when creating historic rosters for franchise it would be better if one could designate a player as a two way player from the outset for when reproducing a player who historically played both position and pitcher roles.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #118
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Like The Babe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
Creating Two Way Players:

I understand the process one must go through for a player to be entitled to be a two way player. However, when creating historic rosters for franchise it would be better if one could designate a player as a two way player from the outset for when reproducing a player who historically played both position and pitcher roles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 10-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #119
Pro

In the 1890s two way players were more common than they are today. Then there is the Cuban Giants, an African American team of the 1880s and 1890s. Most of the pitchers on that team were two way players. In fact sometimes one player would begin the game pitching and mid game change positions with an outfielder who would take over the pitching duties.

The Cuban Giants also had a star catcher who threw left handed. There was also a National League catcher named Jack Clements who threw left handed. However, the game does not allow for catchers to throw left handed.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #120
MVP

I appreciate that SDS gives us so many options for customizing faces and batting stances, but I wish both of those processes benefitted from better UI. Using the left stick to adjust things can be so imprecise sometimes.

I'd also appreciate better explanations for some of the terminology therein.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »