Home

MLB the Show 21 Wishlist

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 21 Wishlist within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #65
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB the Show 21 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690
Not so fast. I don’t think SDS wants their first time multi-platform game being a port of this years version. They have had the PS5 dev kits for the entire dev cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Why does it have to be a port? Put more people on it, make it great for both consoles. So because it's finally a multi-platform the ones buying it for years will have to suffer.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 11:15 AM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
Why does it have to be a port? Put more people on it, make it great for both consoles. So because it's finally a multi-platform the ones buying it for years will have to suffer.

I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-14-2020, 08:15 PM   #67
MVP

General
  • The option to have the full animation of the catcher tossing the ball back to the pitcher play out
  • The ability to view replays within Custom Practice
  • Playable High-A teams
  • The ability to edit the information and appearances of coaches and umpires
  • MVP Baseball 2005 or King of the Diamond-esque mini-games

Equipment
Presentation
  • The ability to use the retro broadcast graphics packages introduced in Moments in other game modes
  • Return to having at least three current broadcast packages, preferably mimicking the graphics packages used on real-life RSNs, such as FOX Sports and NBC Sports
  • When playing with the Broadcast presentation mode enabled, batting order overlays, defensive alignments, and similar graphics should be shown automatically by default, they shouldn't have to be something you opt into with a button press
  • The ability to turn the No-Doubt HR Camera off
  • Cut DeRosa loose from the commentary team, and consider making other changes to the booth for next-gen (yes, even Matty V)

Stadiums
  • More generic MiLB and Spring Training stadiums for next-gen (especially Spring Training)
  • Candlestick Park
  • Comiskey Park
  • Ebbets Field
  • Tiger Stadium

Uniforms
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 08-15-2020, 03:30 PM   #68
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8

Few ideas:

1) Franchise offseason: Player Devleopment. Pitchers can learn new pitches in the offseason and position players can learn new positions. (Players could also learn new positions during the season with the same forumla that is used to make pitchers two way players in '20).

2) Expanded rosters to include 100 players in your system.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #69
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I don't think the PS5 version of The Show would be a copy and paste job. PS5 dev kits have been rumored to be in the wild since early 2018 in some cases

Now if were talking a completely rebuilt from scratch game that's unlikely for the first game or two on new gen. The game has it's issues but it's not exactly a lost cause IMO.
  • Anyway as far as wish list things. As with most sports titles I'd like a way to compare 2 or 3 players at a time. I want to be able to be able to compare attributes and statistics of players on a single screen. I don't want to flip back and forth between player cards and menus.
  • Like everyone else expanded rosters and playable A ball teams.
  • More and less emotion from the players. Want to see more frustration from the dug out or excitement on a clutch hit. I don't want to see my reliever who just gave up a 2 run bomb to lose the lead fist pumping because he struck out the next batter.
  • Rain Delays leading to post-poned games and double headers.
  • SotS UI/UX make it easier to edit the files (low priority but would be nice)
  • Someone already mentioned it but 3 distinct fully fleshed out broadcast packages.
  • I don't mind Heidi just give her something more substancial to do. Her and Justin Allegri can do a post-game highlight show or something.
  • If a team has a special patch on their jersey example Dodgers have All-Star Game patch. Have a base version of the jersey without it. It looks dumb seeing patching celebrating anniversaries and all-star games and I'm years into the futures.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-15-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:08 PM   #70
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

My biggest wish is to not be disappointed. Somehow I think I will be. I figure with a new fancy console they'd make a bunch of improvements but I don't see that happening.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 08-17-2020, 01:19 PM   #71
Rookie

A couple seemingly minor things that would make Franchise mode much more appealing long-term.
  • Statcast leader boards - track leaders for exit velocity, sprint speed, HR distance, etc...
  • Track and display minor league stats in player card

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
My biggest wish is to not be disappointed. Somehow I think I will be. I figure with a new fancy console they'd make a bunch of improvements but I don't see that happening.
low expectations shouldn't lead to disappointment. but... with the increase in sales when the Show goes to other platforms, I definitely have high expectations for Show 22. that will probably be the reason I upgrade to the ps5. doubt I do it for 21

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »