Home

After 200 games played, MLB '20 delivers another all-star performance

This is a discussion on After 200 games played, MLB '20 delivers another all-star performance within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2020, 07:50 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: After 200 games played, MLB '20 delivers another all-star performance

I had been wondering how much of a difference IRL MLB the 26th man roster spot would make and probably not a whole lot IMO (jury still out, gonna wait til next season to reserve judgement) but as it pertains to the Show, I cant say that I could tell a real difference myself, right away.

but fast-forward 4 months from March to July, and I'm really liking this rule, how it affects the Show. I never really realised just how much time I spent on roster mgmt. constantly shuttling my bullpen scrubs from the majors to Single A (I didn't want these guys being used in AAA or AA games). but with this single roster spot addition I find myself getting back to in-play quicker. after 4 months I have found the best fit for me is a 26 man majors (you dont have a choice on this), 25 man at AAA, 24 at AA (I just have 12 position players, 4 OF'ers) and still carry 15 players at Single A instead of 12.

how 'bout you cb, your 26th man, did you go with 13 pitchers or an extra position player?

A Work in Progress
Old 07-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I had been wondering how much of a difference IRL MLB the 26th man roster spot would make and probably not a whole lot IMO (jury still out, gonna wait til next season to reserve judgement) but as it pertains to the Show, I cant say that I could tell a real difference myself, right away.

but fast-forward 4 months from March to July, and I'm really liking this rule, how it affects the Show. I never really realised just how much time I spent on roster mgmt. constantly shuttling my bullpen scrubs from the majors to Single A (I didn't want these guys being used in AAA or AA games). but with this single roster spot addition I find myself getting back to in-play quicker. after 4 months I have found the best fit for me is a 26 man majors (you dont have a choice on this), 25 man at AAA, 24 at AA (I just have 12 position players, 4 OF'ers) and still carry 15 players at Single A instead of 12.

how 'bout you cb, your 26th man, did you go with 13 pitchers or an extra position player?
I'm liking the 26 man roster as well.

Myself, I'm carrying an extra pitcher at all 3 levels, preferably a spot starter who can eat up innings in the bullpen if need be or make a start when necessary. It's very beneficial for a guy like me who believes strong pitching is essential to the success of a ball club, especially starting pitching. So I'm able to look for more young arms to develop in the game since I have the extra spot to get them innings to pitch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-25-2020, 07:40 AM   #35
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

OVR: 0

Country Boy I had been thinking about my comments above and I am sorry for airing my petty grievances on your thread. That was immature of me and I picked the wrong place to do it. I do in fact really enjoy this game and play it almost daily. Thank you for your input to the OS forums and backing of The Show. I enjoy following your franchise and the attitude you've displayed when other members have been unkind in their words toward you. Again, I blew it in my comments and I'm sorry.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 08:07 AM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainzBro
Country Boy I had been thinking about my comments above and I am sorry for airing my petty grievances on your thread. That was immature of me and I picked the wrong place to do it. I do in fact really enjoy this game and play it almost daily. Thank you for your input to the OS forums and backing of The Show. I enjoy following your franchise and the attitude you've displayed when other members have been unkind in their words toward you. Again, I blew it in my comments and I'm sorry.

You have nothing to apologize for but I do appreciate the gesture and the kind words.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #37
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainzBro

Cool guy. More people should learn that apologies are really okay. Peace, bro. Stay safe.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:24 PM   #38
Pro

I see these threads every year! The best experience must be full team control if that is how the OP is playing. This game does not function especially on defense from a Player Lock position player perspective. So much of defensive interaction is missing in this game it is almost unplayable. “CPU runners jogging into 2nd base when you are playing SS and cannot apply a tag or even attempt to is one of the most notable ones around these forums” and a list can definitely be compiled.

I just want to understand what people who make post like this are seeing. Cause it’s not small things that are overlooked it’s basic fundamentals on defense. So how can this be????
Old 07-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I play full team control and don’t see the issues you mentioned when playing.

Never tried player lock so I cannot speak to tgat experience

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Old 07-25-2020, 02:41 PM   #40
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

I’m definitely mainly an on the field gameplay guy, all I care about is playing a season as my Dodgers. So I don’t really know or care too much about the problems with Franchise details and depth. I can’t comment on those things.

But I wanted to say, is anyone else really grateful for this franchise? I mean The Show is the kind of game I would have loved as a kid, awesome gameplay and realism. The closest thing back then to me was World Series Baseball ‘95 on the Genesis which I adored.

My point is that after 15 years of playing a series it can be easy to get jaded with the small and mundane things. But if you look at the game(s) from the purist perspective the games are awesome. The presentation, detail, realism, gameplay, graphics and physics are all on point and really good! I personally have to flip my perspective on the game and be grateful for it (because it’s been 14 years so it’s easy to get used to it and bored), it’s the only serious Baseball franchise on the market and it’s gooood.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »