Home

BASERUNNING!!!

This is a discussion on BASERUNNING!!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
BASERUNNING!!!

Beaserunning is absolutely broken. I have tried bothe settings, assist and auto. There isn’t any difference other than on auto, the ai takes stupid chances and leads your guy off the bag for you. I have had every release of the game and have grounded through each year hoping they would address this but they haven’t. If you have a guy on 2nd or 3rd, you get a hit in the gap, your trying to send the runner to third or home only for them to go a few feet and turn around and run back to the original base, all while having the advanced base highlighted above their heads. This also results in two players ending up on the same base , with one being tagged out, or the runner leaving so late from his return trip to the bag that her is thrown out! When the ai is up, this never ever happens, and they run like they have rockets tied on their backs. This is so frustrrating and aggravating that words cannot explain. Please please please fix the damn base running in this game!!!!!!!! Oh, or patch it to give us a manual option, not just assis and auto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: BASERUNNING!!!

This has been an issue in the past two versions I played, 16 and 17, and was hoping they'd have it fixed for 20, but it's the same. Can't understand it because it wasn't an issue years ago, from 15 and before, I believe, everything was fine.
I prefer auto baserunning, but this bug has forced me to use a combination of auto and assist. I just have to remember to keep an eye on the runners and if they're doing something stupid, like not running when they're supposed, then I do it manually.
Extremely frustrating to have a runner forced out at second or third on a base hit to the outfield. And user-controlled runners shouldn't be stealing on their own.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 04-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

MVP's was easy and intuitive. Take a lead with R stick. Steal or advance to a given base by hitting the desired base a la D-pad. Slide with same R stick to a direction you choose. Advance or retreat all with L and R triggers. Pick the individual player you want to command -- pick the corresponding game button to the bag. Simple.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:03 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
MVP's was easy and intuitive. Take a lead with R stick. Steal or advance to a given base by hitting the desired base a la D-pad. Slide with same R stick to a direction you choose. Advance or retreat all with L and R triggers. Pick the individual player you want to command -- pick the corresponding game button to the bag. Simple.
I did love their base running system. It was very user friendly.

I am not having really any issues though with the default assisted base running system (I do not auto base run). Can’t say any at all.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #5
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I did love their base running system. It was very user friendly.

I am not having really any issues though with the default assisted base running system (I do not auto base run). Can’t say any at all.
I haven't had a single issue with baserunning either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Does anyone have their runner/s instantly go back to the base after you hit the ball, happens to me 2-3 times a game
Old 04-10-2020, 11:43 PM   #7
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys

It's why I use classic baserunning on the show. I have no issues at all with baserunning. If I'm on 1st and I want to go to 3rd all I've got to do is hit the circle to highlight the runner on 1st and then hit the left on the directional stick and he runs to 3rd with no problems. If I want all runners to advance I hit L1. If I want all runners to retreat I hit R1. Easy peasy.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-11-2020, 07:11 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
It's why I use classic baserunning on the show. I have no issues at all with baserunning. If I'm on 1st and I want to go to 3rd all I've got to do is hit the circle to highlight the runner on 1st and then hit the left on the directional stick and he runs to 3rd with no problems. If I want all runners to advance I hit L1. If I want all runners to retreat I hit R1. Easy peasy.

Default is super easy also. Only real difference is left stick highlights runner and the buttons correspond to the bases. And I’m not even good at it. 99% of the time it’s advance all/retreat all. I’ve definitely left runs on the field and have run into outs because I don’t think quick enough to pick individual runners, but that’s on me not the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »