Home

Can no longer access Roster Control Menu

This is a discussion on Can no longer access Roster Control Menu within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-03-2020, 04:01 AM   #1
Rookie

BannaCricket's Arena

OVR: 0
Can no longer access Roster Control Menu

All of a sudden, I am unable to select the Roster Control menu, in Franchise mode. When I try, it skips right over it, and goes to the Standings menu. It worked just fine until yesterday.

Anyone else having this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Can no longer access Roster Control Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BannaCricket
All of a sudden, I am unable to select the Roster Control menu, in Franchise mode. When I try, it skips right over it, and goes to the Standings menu. It worked just fine until yesterday.

Anyone else having this problem?
Yep. I reported it. I use 30 team control and as soon as the trade deadline hit you couldn't open roster control. It's "new" and I'm uncertain why it was done. I know that no trades can be done, however, there are waiver/trades after the deadline and you can't do those now unless you put that player on waivers and wait.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 08-04-2020 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:02 PM   #3
Rookie

BannaCricket's Arena

Angry Re: Can no longer access Roster Control Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Yep. I reported it. I use 30 team control and as soon as the trade deadline hit you couldn't open roster control. It's "new" and I'm uncertain why it was done. I know that no trades can be done, however, there are waiver/trades after the deadline and you can't do those know unless you put that player on waivers and wait.
Thanks for the reply, dude. After all these years, they decided to ruin the user experience! I'm kind of a dork, and like to make real-life roster changes. I suppose I still can, but I really wish the devs would stop taking control of how we play sports games, and taking way options to do so, that have always existed.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BannaCricket
Thanks for the reply, dude. After all these years, they decided to ruin the user experience! I'm kind of a dork, and like to make real-life roster changes. I suppose I still can, but I really wish the devs would stop taking control of how we play sports games, and taking way options to do so, that have always existed.
Yeah, it was a way to bypass all the RELEASE/WAIVER, stuff. SMH at some of the stuff. They took the A ball players out of the PLAYER MOVEMENT screen last year and I reported it hoping to see them back in this year, but...nope.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:12 PM   #5
Rookie

BannaCricket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Yeah, it was a way to bypass all the RELEASE/WAIVER, stuff. SMH at some of the stuff. They took the A ball players out of the PLAYER MOVEMENT screen last year and I reported it hoping to see them back in this year, but...nope.
There's just no reason for it. Let us interact with the game the way we want to. The way we have always been able to.

Hey, did you see Chipper Jones's cardboard cutout at Citi Field? I'm a Mets fan, and even I thought that was hysterical!! That dude must have an awesome sense of humor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 11:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Did anybody find a way to fix Roster Contol menu, skips over it, when i try and go to it.
Pisses me off.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
Pro

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwhite001
Did anybody find a way to fix Roster Contol menu, skips over it, when i try and go to it.
Pisses me off.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Hasn't been patched yet, to my knowlege.

After Sept call-ups, its borked.

.. Full control again once you get to the off-season, as far as I recall.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:41 PM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

It gets messed up, unable to use, after the trade deadline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »