Home

Capitalism at its Best and Worst

This is a discussion on Capitalism at its Best and Worst within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #17
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Capitalism at its Best and Worst

Personally I'm not willing to reward these companies for deciding that my $60 dollars isn't good enough to warrant upgrades and innovation in the game modes I play. Sports games had been doing just fine prior to the advent of these virtual card games. So I'm going to pass on DLC for things that should/could be in the game by default.

As for pay to play. If you want to spend $10 dollars for a weapon or outfit in game you're buying that item directly and I think most people don't have a problem with that. However if you spend $10 for the CHANCE to get that item then your basically "gambling" and that's the legal issue companies are facing with loot boxes and such.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Capitalism at its Best and Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I don't play DD.. or MUT, anymore. I enjoyed the limited time I spent on MUT, and I spent a whole lot of coin to compete.

.. I don't understand the people that rally against pay for play.

I would pay for custom leagues, a stadium creator, retro rosters. I would pay ABSURD amount of money for an offline roster editor.

I'm hoping for a PC version so I get that for free. But if paying for content was the only way to get those things, SIGN.ME.UP < blank check here >
I'd love to have classic historical rosters but to pull it off I'm afraid they'd have to get rid of the roster vault and the ability to share files. but I do think paying extra for custom leagues, schedules and create-a-stadium is viable

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »