Home

Delay in gameplay

This is a discussion on Delay in gameplay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Delay in gameplay

When I fired up the game yesterday, I noticed my controller response time was on a delay. Pitching and hitting both are delayed about a quarter-to-half of a second, obviously ruining the experience. Anyone have any fixes or have a similar experience? Thanks!

Last edited by disguyyy; 08-09-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Clarity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Re: Delay in gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by disguyyy
When I fired up the game yesterday, I noticed my controller response time was on a delay. Pitching and hitting both are delayed about a quarter-to-half of a second, obviously ruining the experience. Anyone have any fixes or have a similar experience? Thanks!
Is your TV on Game Mode? If it is, try completely turning off your PlayStation and turning it back on. That's all I can think of to try.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
Rookie

adam42381's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by disguyyy
Been having the same issue lately. Powering off the controller then turning it on seems to fix it for me.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Is this only a problem with MLB20?
Old 08-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
Is this only a problem with MLB20?
Yes. Only with The Show. It’s really bizarre. I tried the other suggestions, but neither worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I’ve had it happen to me twice. Each time I turn off my ps4 it’s back to normal the next time I play. The first time I saw it I also had my controller unplugged so now I keep it plugged in to the ps4
Old 08-11-2020, 10:34 PM   #7
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I have to re-sync my controllers twice since the last update. (I use two). The second one is brand new so I don't believe it's a controller issue per se as much as a system update issue.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Had the same thing happen to me a few times.

I use metered pitching and where normally I'm able to click each pitch somewhere near the middle of the pitching bar - this one particular day, even thou I felt like my timing was good... all my pitches where ending up way past the middle spot of pitching meter... I had to tap the pitch button about a 1/2 second before I normally would to find the middle of pitching bar.

At first, I thought... Hmmm... Maybe this pitcher is injured or tired, so I relieved him with another and it was the same thing.

Oh ... I should mention that this happend in a hotel, so I wasn't using my regular TV.

After a quick Google of the problem, I learned that it had to do with the frame rate of the TV and solution was to go into the TV settings... Find picture mode... You'll see standard, vivid etc... Go to "game mode" and the problem will go away.

I seen here where someone suggested getting out of game mode... But for me, that has never been the case.

Also, I should mention that I had played other games that day on the same TV (Madden, NBA2K) and those games seemed to work fine, it wasn't until playing MLB the show that I started experiencing timing issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »