Home

The Clock Is Ticking On MLB The Show 21 Cover Athlete And Platform Availability News!

This is a discussion on The Clock Is Ticking On MLB The Show 21 Cover Athlete And Platform Availability News! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Clock Is Ticking On MLB The Show 21 Cover Athlete And Platform Availability N

the only real thing of interest in the article I read was this guy thinks the Show is coming to PC's. I don't hold that same opinion, not until at least 2023 or '24. if by some chance it does come to 21, I wonder if it will be possible to edit roster files on a PC, then port that to the PlayStation.

also, what is the clock not ticking on?

#TimeWaitsForNoOne
(& it won't wait for me)

A Work in Progress
Old 10-22-2020, 12:43 AM   #10
Rookie

Jhack99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Clock Is Ticking On MLB The Show 21 Cover Athlete And Platform Availability N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Cowboy
Also interesting how there will be no NHL 21 next gen and EA basically copied and pasted FIFA and Madden on current gen.

I have a feeling it will be like 2014 where next gen will be out in May and March will be current gen and probably not much improvements. But.............I'm still optimistic 21 for PS4 will add more throwback uniforms in(for my sake ) that way the PS4 can ride off with a bang and in a couple years I'll buy a PS5 when the price goes down.
Thats all EA does, copy and paste.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #11
Rookie

Why does SDS wait until a week or two after the World Series to release its first trailer or cover athlete ?

It would seem like doing this during the World Series each year would create a lot more excitement and be seen by a much larger audience of baseball fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #12
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

There’s a 0% chance this doesn’t come to PS5. The other consoles are a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-24-2020, 04:39 AM   #13
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

I would be very surprised if their isn't a PS5 version next year. Now maybe it is delayed a month like it when the first PS4 was released. My prediction is PS4 version set for March and PS5, Xbox Series X, and Switch moved to April.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 10-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #14
Rookie

Circle the Wagons's Arena

I’ll likely get an Xbox next-gen so I’m hoping for some news on the other consoles before I make the purchase. The Bethesda acquisition is too big for me to ignore.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #15
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

There's no way in hell there wont be a PS5 version next year for the simple fact that if not they would be missing out on all that DD money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #16
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
the only real thing of interest in the article I read was this guy thinks the Show is coming to PC's. I don't hold that same opinion, not until at least 2023 or '24. if by some chance it does come to 21, I wonder if it will be possible to edit roster files on a PC, then port that to the PlayStation.

also, what is the clock not ticking on?

#TimeWaitsForNoOne
(& it won't wait for me)
I have high hopes for cross-platform on the next round of machines.. but I'm not holding my breath.

We need to be able to edit files externally, just for the sake of speed. I don't think that medium will be in place for awhile though, even if a PC release gives us a look under the hood.

Being able to edit via a cpu interface will be faster than the pre-historic method we are stuck with now. I'll take that as progress for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »