Home

MLB The Show 21 Details Won't Arrive Until 2021

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Details Won't Arrive Until 2021 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2020, 10:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 21 Details Won't Arrive Until 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbekoscke
With SDS probably still working from home, I'm not totally confident that 21 will even release for other platforms this upcoming year.

I am not so sure I will be rushing out to get a PS5 console for the MLB The Show 2021 game. The first year of a new console release is usually underwhelming. So I am not expect much in 2021. But I won't blame SDS either if there isn't a whole lot of new content in their 2021 game. These are crazy illogical times we find ourselves in.

But time may prove me wrong. Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2020, 12:11 AM   #26
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Few things:

1. The jump to PS3 was incredible. I still remember looking at David Wright's player model and even though I hate the NYM, I HAVE To get a PS3. This game looked so incredible.

2. The jump to PS4 was equally amazing. Stadium atmosphere absolutely popped. It was the sole reason I got a PS4.

3. The consumer got SO much value from the decade long OS/SCEA relationship (2007-2017). Roster sharing? I believe that started with the Show. Gameplay tweaks, stadium additions, mode enhancements and ideas...tons of what got in the game came from the community days SCEA hosted. I remember Knight165 and that SCEA tweaked Manager Only Mode (MoM) purely because of him and his work on the OSFM roster. SCEA saw how the OS roster and the community here benefited their game.

So...PS5 launch title? OS isn't what it used to be and SCEA has followed suit like other AAA titles and working on microtransaction modes. So then, I really don't expect SCEA to break the mold of what they've done the past few years. Expand DD, keep the status quo on the rest. It's sad too, I miss being hyped to get a baseball game and spending hours in edit player mode while playing franchise.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

Last edited by Speedy; 11-06-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:10 AM   #27
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
So...PS5 launch title? OS isn't what it used to be and SCEA has followed suit like other AAA titles and working on microtransaction modes. So then, I really don't expect SCEA to break the mold of what they've done the past few years. Expand DD, keep the status quo on the rest. It's sad too, I miss being hyped to get a baseball game and spending hours in edit player mode while playing franchise.
I really think they went out with a bang with 20.

Adding service time. kind half-cooked turkey with the team rebranding, but thats something people had fun with. Gameplay continues to improve, and every version is widely viewed as better than its predecessor since '17.

It may not be a giant leap for '21, but there's no reason to believe they won't continue to make incremental progress, as they have throughout the PS4 gen.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:36 AM   #28
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
MLB The Show 21 Details Won't Arrive Until 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I really think they went out with a bang with 20.

Adding service time. kind half-cooked turkey with the team rebranding, but thats something people had fun with. Gameplay continues to improve, and every version is widely viewed as better than its predecessor since '17.

It may not be a giant leap for '21, but there's no reason to believe they won't continue to make incremental progress, as they have throughout the PS4 gen.

I truly believe that this game plays very well on the field. If all they did was improve the graphics and most importantly the atmosphere for Next Gen, I would be extremely happy.

Glitches happen in every video game but out of a 162 game schedule, if say 130 games play without a glitch, that is good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #29
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I would not be shocked if SDS did something similar to what they did in 2014 - release the regular version in March and the next gen stuff in May or later.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #30
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
I truly believe that this game plays very well on the field. If all they did was improve the graphics and most importantly the atmosphere for Next Gen, I would be extremely happy.

Glitches happen in every video game but out of a 162 game schedule, if say 130 games play without a glitch, that is good enough for me.
I'm not one that lives and dies with graphics. I just can't relate, being a dinosaur that grew up on NES and SNES.

Load times are the draw for me right now... thats it really.. 8k possibilities????.. seriously?? Nobody is broadcasting in 4k yet! I have just recently bought an OLED tv. I'm a techie, don't get me wrong. But at this point, 8k is for the guy that spends $3600 on a CPU. Well and good for that gamer. But how much of the gaming audience is that? 2%??? Thats your target demographic??? C'mon! I just can't take that seriously. Not for the masses.

With the above, I really feel like this gen is being rushed. But I do get the hardware has outlived its lifecycle. And I respect and appreciate that this console gen will finally rival PCs. If not for that, I wouldn't even consider buying this gen.

Anyway.. as far as MLBtS; I am confident SDS isn't going to screw this up. (unlike the other sports)

Optimist; '21 releases on PC... and Pandoras Box is unleashed on the masses.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 11-06-2020 at 07:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »