Home

Threw my first no hitter and participated in baseball history (at least I think)

This is a discussion on Threw my first no hitter and participated in baseball history (at least I think) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #9
Pro

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Threw my first no hitter and participated in baseball history (at least I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
nope, I predict it's all downhill from here for cb:
my Tarmac the Magnanimous predictions for cb and the Cards in the ps5 era.
the Cardinals follow the Browns to Baltimore 66 to 70 years later. cb says ''hell no!'',

abandons his carry-over franchise in favor of a new Cubs franchise and in SDS new create-a-stadium, builds a state-of-the-art 80,000 seat WrigleyDome.

cb's first act as Cub GM is to hire Yadier Molina as manager and Adam Wainright as pitching coach. but those loveable losers aren't so loveable anymore, just losers,

and after a 50 win season in his first (and last) year on the North Side, mistakes his brand new PS5 for a gatorade cooler and beats it senseless with his trusty Louisville Slugger.

in a moment of dispare and remorse, digs out his old ps1 and Triple Play 99

but seriously, congrats cb! bigger thrill, the World Championship over the no-no, hands down, amirite?
Bolder prediction: He switches consoles entirely, then starts a thread on here where he chants over and over again: "Xbox has renewed my love for the Show".
Old 10-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: Threw my first no hitter and participated in baseball history (at least I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Thats right, in the series opener on Friday, Jarlin Garcia threw a no hitter against me. To my knowledge that has never happened in baseball.

I can't wait to play Game 3, maybe we'll no hit each other?

It's happened before. On consecutive days on Sept 17th and 18th, 1968 Gaylord of the Giants no hit the Cardinals on the 17th and Ray Washburn of the Cardinals no hit the Giants on the 18th.

https://shoestringcatches1999.wordpr...gaylord-perry/
Old 10-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #11
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Thanks for sharing. May not have been history, but still pretty damn cool to be a part of, at least for half of it...

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 03:53 PM   #12
All Star

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

there was a time about 9,10,11 years ago it seemed like every series I played against Philadelphia there was a good chance to be double no-hit either by Cole Hamels or Cliff Lee or Roy Halladay or Jamie Moyer. I'm glad that Philly team finally aged out.

though I'm not ashamed to admit I broke up one late inning no-hitter with a cheap bunt. all is fair in love and war. and baseball
Old 10-31-2020, 02:52 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

You and Flaherty just need to throw two more no hitters back to back and you have your history. C'mon man you're on a roll...and the bats seem dead!
Old 10-31-2020, 04:14 PM   #14
All Star

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

on some level all no-hitters are satisfying but the most satisfying is when your pitcher registers more hits than the opposing 9
Old 11-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
After years, and years of playing MLB The Show, I threw my first ever no hitter this morning with Jack Flaherty against the Marlins, who are actually good in my franchise.

But while that is exciting, at least for me, in itself, the biggest thing is that I threw a no hitter against the Marlins, one day after they no hit me.

Thats right, in the series opener on Friday, Jarlin Garcia threw a no hitter against me. To my knowledge that has never happened in baseball.

About two months ago, I too finally got my 1st no-hitter in an MLB The Show game (using Stephen Strasburg). But back-to-back no-nos? That's a different can of worms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2020, 06:15 AM   #16
MVP

Houston's Arena

Congrats brother well deserved. I threw a perfect game with Dylan Cease in a online league game vs Rangers, a combined no hitter with Urquidy and Astros vs Mariners also in a online league game and set a new strikeout record with Sale 24 strikeouts in my online league.

Didn't mean to take away from your thread brother again congrats to you man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »