Home

MLB The Show 20 PS5

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 PS5 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #65
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 PS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I'll take your word for it. I'm trying to see positives as I was a day one buyer until Sony scammed us and decided not to release units (doh), but maybe it's the fact that the boost in colors are not translating well in the videos.
It could be. The guy above who posted a video only posted it in 1080p. Have you looked at my videos yet? Mine are in 4k60fps with HDR. I'm telling you, the colors really pop on the PS5

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Okay, help me out here. I realize this is a backward compatability game, have the youtube videos set to HD. What am I missing. I was expecting a bit of a "wow factor", not much, just a tad, but I'm not seeing it. I currently play on the pro/65" Samsung QLED.

What am I missing?
Well, for one thing that second video (the inning of LA @ SD) seems to have only uploaded at 1080p and at 30 FPS - same as the PS4 did. So, performance wise, there's not really going to be a difference in that one. The one before that though that was posted by Archie56, the minute or so with an Aaron Judge HR was DEFINITELY 60 FPS, and looked much smoother than the PS4 was capable of. The difference was really clear to me there.

Seems like maybe you have to select the 60 FPS capture as opposed to 30, as it's not the PS5 default option? I'll be getting mine later today so I can dive into the settings stuff soon enough.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #67
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Well, for one thing that second video (the inning of LA @ SD) seems to have only uploaded at 1080p and at 30 FPS - same as the PS4 did. So, performance wise, there's not really going to be a difference in that one. The one before that though that was posted by Archie56, the minute or so with an Aaron Judge HR was DEFINITELY 60 FPS, and looked much smoother than the PS4 was capable of. The difference was really clear to me there.

Seems like maybe you have to select the 60 FPS capture as opposed to 30, as it's not the PS5 default option? I'll be getting mine later today so I can dive into the settings stuff soon enough.
Yeah, I had to change how my PS5 captured the footage. Default is 1080p I believe. I switched it to 4k and it automatically recorded in 60fps and HDR

Old 11-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #68
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
It could be. The guy above who posted a video only posted it in 1080p. Have you looked at my videos yet? Mine are in 4k60fps with HDR. I'm telling you, the colors really pop on the PS5

Hmm I'll have to check I thought I switched it to 4k60fps. Think I changed capture fro video clip but not broadcast.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #69
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Hmm I'll have to check I thought I switched it to 4k60fps. Think I changed capture fro video clip but not broadcast.
Yeah I did the same thing. I captured a clip the first time and it was only 1080p and then I had to change it. Hope you're enjoying the game!

Old 11-13-2020, 02:49 PM   #70
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I had to change how my PS5 captured the footage. Default is 1080p I believe. I switched it to 4k and it automatically recorded in 60fps and HDR

Archie, can I request:

pick a couple teams with bright uniforms
Pick a day game, full sun, in a stadium that has lots of color (there is one that looks like it’s in the desert large rock formations in the background )
Clean screen
Perhaps CPU V CPU

An inning should show off any color improvements.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #71
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Archie, can I request:

pick a couple teams with bright uniforms

Pick a day game, full sun, in a stadium that has lots of color (there is one that looks like it’s in the desert large rock formations in the background )

Clean screen

Perhaps CPU V CPU

An inning should show off any color improvements.
Sure man, I can do that this evening when I get home. Is there any certain teams and stadium you can think of firsthand that you'd want to see?

Edit* I think I know what stadium you're referring to

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #72
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Sure man, I can do that this evening when I get home. Is there any certain teams and stadium you can think of firsthand that you'd want to see?

Edit* I think I know what stadium you're referring to

Well Toronto has that red jersey, Oakland has the wild 70 road. Wagon man stadium, Laughing Mountain, Green Valley should pop, Oak Street Park.

Really appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »