Home

‘21 franchise crossover to Xbox?

This is a discussion on ‘21 franchise crossover to Xbox? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

ASkylitMike's Arena

OVR: 4
‘21 franchise crossover to Xbox?

I’ll be purchasing the Xbox version of MLB The Show ’21 when it comes out, because I literally bought a PS4 for this game only. Does anyone know if there will be a way to continue your franchise on Xbox?

Last edited by ASkylitMike; 11-25-2020 at 10:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 11:56 PM   #2
Rookie

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: ‘21 franchise crossover to Xbox?

I could be wrong, but I don't think they've even announced that '21 will be on Xbox. I know they announced that the Show was moving to other platforms, but did they ever give a timeline?

All they've said about '21 is that we won't hear anything about it until the actual year of 2021. I'd say that doesnt bode well for the Show being on other consoles next year. But again, that's just a guess on my part.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:11 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateDuke32
I could be wrong, but I don't think they've even announced that '21 will be on Xbox. I know they announced that the Show was moving to other platforms, but did they ever give a timeline?

All they've said about '21 is that we won't hear anything about it until the actual year of 2021. I'd say that doesnt bode well for the Show being on other consoles next year. But again, that's just a guess on my part.
Correct, they have not announced '21 for XBOX. I mean, they technically haven't announced it for PS5 or 4 either, but those are kind of a given. There are a lot of assumptions being made by people based on a pre-pandemic announcement of Sony San Diego opening the door to go multiplatform as early as '21.

Maybe it happens next year, maybe it doesn't.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-26-2020 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:52 AM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Doesn't seem like that would even be possible. In the history of gaming has any game ever been able to be played on another platform? Cross-play with DD would be a more likely scenario.

Le RougeSteelers🏈KiezkickerMarinersHeat🏀Hurricanes🏈
Old 11-26-2020, 01:39 AM   #5
Rookie

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Doesn't seem like that would even be possible. In the history of gaming has any game ever been able to be played on another platform? Cross-play with DD would be a more likely scenario.

I could potentially see it as an option. IF you upload your franchise to the cloud and they convert the file format for re downloading, or something of that nature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
I could potentially see it as an option. IF you upload your franchise to the cloud and they convert the file format for re downloading, or something of that nature.

It would absolutely be possible. The barriers for the devs could be Sony putting the kibosh on it for fear of losing customers, or the effort to make it possible being greater than the number of users that would benefit from it. With these two things in mind, I’m going to say that cross-platform saves aren’t likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2020, 10:42 AM   #7
Rookie

If it's possible, it's probably going to be based on whether or not Sony allows it. They don't exactly have a reputation for being the most open to this type of thing.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #8
All Star

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I have 2 opinions/expectations for 21, neither based on any evidence or proof of what I've heard:
1) 21 will be on XBox & 2) there will be no crossover platform anything.

off-topic, has there ever been any type crossover on XBox and PlayStation on Madden, or NBA, or FIFA, or any non-sports title for that matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »