Home

I NEED ANSWERS

This is a discussion on I NEED ANSWERS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2020, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

execute_order666's Arena

OVR: 0
I NEED ANSWERS

So maybe this topic has been brought up but does anyone know why it’s ok to have players with face scans have neck tattoos (Felix Hernandez, Sandy Leon etc...) and not have tattoos on the arms? I understand the legal part of not having tattoos in but how do they get around having neck tattoos? Is it just because of the scans? If that’s the case then why not do full body scans on the big names with tattoos?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I NEED ANSWERS

My guess is there is some type of agreement worked out between the player, the tattoo artist and SDS in regards to using the neck tattoo in the game that involves some sort of compensation.

That's purely a guess.

If that is indeed the case, then I can see them not wanting to put out more compensation than needed to get all tattoos on players in the game.

EDIT: I also remember years ago this topic being brought up and Nick Livingston mentioned on a stream that at one point they approached the MLB about adding arm tattoos (Josh Hamilton was the example) and the MLB shot the idea down for whatever reason they may have had.

Not sure if that is still a part of the decision making or not, but wanted to share that piece of information as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 12-11-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

My guess is that while they do face scans, they do not scan other parts of the body. Thus, the players all have "generic" arms and legs of appropriate dimensions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

execute_order666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
My guess is there is some type of agreement worked out between the player, the tattoo artist and SDS in regards to using the neck tattoo in the game that involves some sort of compensation.

That's purely a guess.

If that is indeed the case, then I can see them not wanting to put out more compensation than needed to get all tattoos on players in the game.

EDIT: I also remember years ago this topic being brought up and Nick Livingston mentioned on a stream that at one point they approached the MLB about adding arm tattoos (Josh Hamilton was the example) and the MLB shot the idea down for whatever reason they may have had.

Not sure if that is still a part of the decision making or not, but wanted to share that piece of information as well.

Awesome thanks it doesn’t make it break the game obviously but would be cool to see cause they aren’t going away any time soon. I feel like most of the country has at least one tattoo and it’s not so negatively looked at anymore?

I understand artists wanting to be recognized for work they have done but when does it stop ? just make it a little different (like what they did with OBJ in madden. Most artists I feel would be thrilled to see something they created ...immortalized in a video. It’s free advertising of the work they do and probably a cool thing to brag about so I don’t know I just don’t get it?

Old 12-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

That's purely a guess.

While on the topic of tattoos, it would be cool to at least see some generic options we could add to CAPs. As long as they aren't too outrageous, this would be a fun add.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by execute_order666
Awesome thanks it doesn’t make it break the game obviously but would be cool to see cause they aren’t going away any time soon. I feel like most of the country has at least one tattoo and it’s not so negatively looked at anymore?

I understand artists wanting to be recognized for work they have done but when does it stop ? just make it a little different (like what they did with OBJ in madden. Most artists I feel would be thrilled to see something they created ...immortalized in a video. It’s free advertising of the work they do and probably a cool thing to brag about so I don’t know I just don’t get it?

Most probably wouldn't care.

But the one who did, and sued, ruined for the rest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »