Home

This game actually means a lot to me

This is a discussion on This game actually means a lot to me within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

OVR: 0
This game actually means a lot to me

What’s up,

I’ve been playing this game since it was released 15 years ago. I’m getting old lol. I love baseball and always will. I absolutely love this game. I’ve literally never gotten sick of it. It’s what I would consider a actual legit hobby of mine and something I always look forward to. I hadn’t played nearly as much as I used to the last four years that’s for sure. Career, I got married, bought a house, and I power lift.

Things changed for me this year like it has nearly all of us. It’s been awful and I hope everyone is staying safe through these challenging times. I was furloughed from my job like so many due to the pandemic. I was also diagnosed with a disease that has and will continue to change my and my families life. Honestly things just aren’t going to be the same. At least for a while. So I found myself unemployed, having surgeries, during a national pandemic.

I needed something to do during isolation not working and not being able to lift anytime soon. I bought a ps4 and the show and just started cranking out games like a mad man. I probably played to much lol. It’s been helpful. It sounds silly but it’s helped me remain somewhat sane. I cranked out two franchise seasons in like four months lol. But I guess it’s better than starring out the window and doctor appointments. I was able to win the World Series for the first time in god knows how long. I don’t know, this post is kind of weird. But I love baseball and this game always have and always will.

Stay safe fam

Last edited by Doyoueven85; 12-04-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Re: This game actually means a lot to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
What’s up,

I’ve been playing this game since it was released 15 years ago. I’m getting old lol. I love baseball and always will. I absolutely love this game. I’ve literally never gotten sick of it. It’s what I would consider a actual legit hobby of mine and something I always look forward to. I hadn’t played nearly as much as I used to the last four years that’s for sure. Career, I got married, bought a house, and I power lift.

Things changed for me this year like it has nearly all of us. It’s been awful and I hope everyone is staying safe through these challenging times. I was furloughed from my job like so many due to the pandemic. I was also diagnosed with a disease that has and will continue to change my and my families life. Honestly things just aren’t going to be the same. At least for a while. So I found myself unemployed, having surgeries, during a national pandemic.

I needed something to do during isolation not working and not being able to lift anytime soon. I bought a ps4 and the show and just started cranking out games like a mad man. I probably played to much lol. It’s been helpful. It sounds silly but it’s helped me remain somewhat sane. I cranked out two franchise seasons in like four months lol. But I guess it’s better than starring out the window and doctor appointments. I was able to win the World Series for the first time in god knows how long. I don’t know, this post is kind of weird. But I love baseball and this game always have and always will.

Stay safe fam
I know exactly how you feel man. Just like you, I have been sick for quite a while and had to resign from my job just over a year ago. Before that, I had a career, got married, and have a beautiful little girl. Gaming was something I did sparingly but always was a passion of mine ever since I was a kid. I'm 40, and am getting old myself. This disease definitely makes me feel older sometimes. After having to resign bc of my health, I started playing games a bit more, and then the pandemic happened which forced me to stay home even more bc I'm high risk. Especially this year, The Show has helped me get through some pretty tough times. I absolutely love baseball. It has been a love of mine ever since I can remember. To me, it's the greatest sport on earth. Aside from my beautiful wife and child, The Show has really helped me keep my mind off of my illness and gives me something to do to just relax. Being stuck at home for a year is definitely not ideal, but I'm glad I have this game to help pass the time. Thanks for sharing man

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Agree with you both. Archie I have cancer. Have been a six year survivor am on a very strong drug called Eligard. Six month injection at a time. In essence I have chemo in my system 24/7. A once keep-busy kind of guy it sort of knocks the wind out of me and this years version of The Show is a blessing for me mentally. This is the first year I haven't grown tired of the game before the season even ends. I look forward to my one game a day and doing all the transactions to keep up. Good thread.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

This is my second go around with cancer. Stay strong fellas, know that mental toughness is key. This game is the only game I play as I am a baseball junkie as well.

“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds” says the Lord.

-Jeremiah 30:17
Old 12-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Agree with you both. Archie I have cancer. Have been a six year survivor am on a very strong drug called Eligard. Six month injection at a time. In essence I have chemo in my system 24/7. A once keep-busy kind of guy it sort of knocks the wind out of me and this years version of The Show is a blessing for me mentally. This is the first year I haven't grown tired of the game before the season even ends. I look forward to my one game a day and doing all the transactions to keep up. Good thread.
I feel for you fellas that have to battle cancer. Although my illness isn't cancer, my fight is still a hard one. I dealt with a tick disease called RMSF for over 2 years before I was finally diagnosed. During that time my body completely almost shut down. My organs started to fail, my memory suddenly was shot to hell, my thyroid quit working and had to be removed, and my heart would go into Afib all the time. I've almost died twice in the last few years, both times had to have my heart shocked. My brain doesn't always send signals to my heart to beat properly so I'm going to need a pacemaker so I don't go into cardiac arrest again. It's a scary thing knowing that this disease has completely torn my body apart. You're supposed to be treated for RMSF within 2 weeks of contracting it, and I went two years before treatment. Doctors say I probably shouldn't be here. But alas, I'm still here. Because I have no thyroid I obviously have to take medicine for it everyday. You guys are some strong dudes to deal with what you have to deal with. My issues pale in comparison to cancer. Y'all are heroes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianSummer
This is my second go around with cancer. Stay strong fellas, know that mental toughness is key. This game is the only game I play as I am a baseball junkie as well.

“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds” says the Lord.

-Jeremiah 30:17
Amen, bro.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #7
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I feel for you fellas that have to battle cancer. Although my illness isn't cancer, my fight is still a hard one. I dealt with a tick disease called RMSF for over 2 years before I was finally diagnosed. During that time my body completely almost shut down. My organs started to fail, my memory suddenly was shot to hell, my thyroid quit working and had to be removed, and my heart would go into Afib all the time. I've almost died twice in the last few years, both times had to have my heart shocked. My brain doesn't always send signals to my heart to beat properly so I'm going to need a pacemaker so I don't go into cardiac arrest again. It's a scary thing knowing that this disease has completely torn my body apart. You're supposed to be treated for RMSF within 2 weeks of contracting it, and I went two years before treatment. Doctors say I probably shouldn't be here. But alas, I'm still here. Because I have no thyroid I obviously have to take medicine for it everyday. You guys are some strong dudes to deal with what you have to deal with. My issues pale in comparison to cancer. Y'all are heroes.

Wow....sounds tough my friend. If I didn’t have this cancer I’d be healthy as a mule. All my blood work is good. My cancer hasn’t spread yet, the drug helps with that. I walk everyday, don’t eat meat, take my obligatory nap. Lol (don’t have much choice come mid-afternoon). The VA has taken EXCELLENT care of me because of Agent Orange, so I’m very grateful to them. Play ball boys! Prayers for you all.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #8
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Wow....sounds tough my friend. If I didn’t have this cancer I’d be healthy as a mule. All my blood work is good. My cancer hasn’t spread yet, the drug helps with that. I walk everyday, don’t eat meat, take my obligatory nap. Lol (don’t have much choice come mid-afternoon). The VA has taken EXCELLENT care of me because of Agent Orange, so I’m very grateful to them. Play ball boys! Prayers for you all.
Thank you for your service.

As I turned draft eligible the Viet Nam war was just coming to an end. It’s sounds like you was not so lucky. Once again, thank you for your service sir.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »