Home

MLB The Show 21 News Coming in February

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 News Coming in February within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #49
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 21 News Coming in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Well all have to remember that in previous years, we weren't dealing with a pandemic either. So getting news and info a little bit late doesn't surprise me one bit

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
This. Plus going to a new generation of consoles (and the fact that we're pluralizing it).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-18-2021, 08:34 PM   #50
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

I think if the game is delayed to June or July that will completely suck.

by the time it gets to June or July I am usually burnt out with the game then we have trade deadlines around the corner. rosters will be a complete mess with opening day rosters etc and by the time the game is out trade deadline will be around and all the teams that are in the tank will just have a nothing roster by the time the game is out.

however if the ps4 version of the game comes out as usual at the end of March. and we can just simply wait and transfer our franchise over I see no issues.

I don't think I could take waiting midway through a season to play the game. last year the game coming out saved me from depression with no MLB till July. if this was the case I think I would just edit all service times and play mlb 2020 with updated roster that game got me through a lot of crap in March to June last year.

so I really do hope the PS4 version is on schedule. and it will be like 2014. I see no reason why it shouldn't be regardless of pandemic. no sports games have really been delayed because of it in 2020, I have learned though release dates lately mean nothing in any games movies etc and I won't believe the MLB season will even start till I see it start and believe it.

I just hope they think about giving a free update for the PS5 version if this happen. Hell even EA did that. (we had to pay twice in 2014) so my hope is that the PS4 version will be out end of march or early April at the worst. any later will be truly disappointing.

Hell I would pay for a 2020 patch that updates the uniforms and schedule just to keep me going till June and July for the wait and a simple carry over save would be perfect. this is where the carry over save would be at it's complete use.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:08 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I think if the game is delayed to June or July that will completely suck.

by the time it gets to June or July I am usually burnt out with the game then we have trade deadlines around the corner. rosters will be a complete mess with opening day rosters etc and by the time the game is out trade deadline will be around and all the teams that are in the tank will just have a nothing roster by the time the game is out.

however if the ps4 version of the game comes out as usual at the end of March. and we can just simply wait and transfer our franchise over I see no issues.

I don't think I could take waiting midway through a season to play the game. last year the game coming out saved me from depression with no MLB till July. if this was the case I think I would just edit all service times and play mlb 2020 with updated roster that game got me through a lot of crap in March to June last year.

so I really do hope the PS4 version is on schedule. and it will be like 2014. I see no reason why it shouldn't be regardless of pandemic. no sports games have really been delayed because of it in 2020, I have learned though release dates lately mean nothing in any games movies etc and I won't believe the MLB season will even start till I see it start and believe it.

I just hope they think about giving a free update for the PS5 version if this happen. Hell even EA did that. (we had to pay twice in 2014) so my hope is that the PS4 version will be out end of march or early April at the worst. any later will be truly disappointing.
yeah, if I can make it to June/July, then I'll just wait till the price falls to $30. besides, I've been replaying through Show 14 a lot lately and really enjoyed the trip down memory lane. I want a March release but if it winds up delayed more than a couple months I've got plenty old Show's (14-19) to fill the void

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2021, 06:18 PM   #52
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

I remember the excitement of the show 14 I’m pretty sure that was the year there was like a 16 hour delay in it showing I’m the ps store back then no
Pre downloading too it was shocking that year waiting that night and it didn’t show till the next morning lots of angry people were on here me being one of them lol but I had the ps3 version keeping me going. 2014 was a great year (and great World Series for me lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »