Home

Interesting SGO article about possible next gen delay

This is a discussion on Interesting SGO article about possible next gen delay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2021, 06:25 PM   #17
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting SGO article about possible next gen delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So Madden and FIFA, both games that started development in late 2019 and had thru February of 2020 to develop their respective games before the pandemic shut things down.

Meanwhile MLB would’ve started development in March (maybe later due to vacation)about the time the pandemic would’ve started shutting things down therefore hampering the ability to get a start on the development unlike the games you mentioned.

We don’t know that it’s delayed but if so I guess it’s good to know that they have an “excuse”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Well what I am trying to say is next gen will almost certainly be a later release this year look at mlb 14 this year their are other problems as well as to why it will be delayed. the possibility of other consoles now getting the game. next gen etc

Usually in March is the time they take a break from working on the game then start releasing patch fixes for the show, in April I remember Ramone saying they were lucky they got it all finished just before pandemic hit in mid March. but they still managed to give us Patch updates for the game. so I am confident they were able to handle the pandemic with working from home and we shouldn't have major delays for the ps4 version. but I think if it is it is a combination of reasons, not just the pandemic.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:26 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Define "Delayed" anyway. We're in a console transition period on top of the pandemic, and the last time that happened the next-gen version of the game wasn't released until May of that year. Are people going to consider it "delayed" if '21 doesn't release until May for PS5?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2021, 06:32 PM   #19
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Define "Delayed" anyway. We're in a console transition period on top of the pandemic, and the last time that happened the next-gen version of the game wasn't released until May of that year. Are people going to consider it "delayed" if '21 doesn't release until May for PS5?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is exactly my point it's not a 'delay' we haven't even got a release date. then it has to be delayed from that release date.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Well what I am trying to say is next gen will almost certainly be a later release this year look at mlb 14 this year their are other problems as well as to why it will be delayed. the possibility of other consoles now getting the game. next gen etc

Usually in March is the time they take a break from working on the game then start releasing patch fixes for the show, in April I remember Ramone saying they were lucky they got it all finished just before pandemic hit in mid March. but they still managed to give us Patch updates for the game. so I am confident they were able to handle the pandemic with working from home and we shouldn't have major delays for the ps4 version. but I think if it is it is a combination of reasons, not just the pandemic.

I think everyone expects next gen/other consoles to be released later than the typical release date.

Delivering patch notes for a completed game is a bit different than developing a game from the get go.

As for the combination of reasons I believe it will be the case, but I think it’s unfair to insinuate that a delay brought about due to or in part by the pandemic is an “excuse”

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-21-2021, 06:43 PM   #21
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
I think everyone expects next gen/other consoles to be released later than the typical release date.

Delivering patch notes for a completed game is a bit different than developing a game from the get go.

As for the combination of reasons I believe it will be the case, but I think it’s unfair to insinuate that a delay brought about due to or in part by the pandemic is an “excuse”

I understand what you mean it's just that everyone wants to jump on that as a excuse for everything now, without pointing out other life reasons, we are almost a year into the pandemic and most have adjusted to the new 'normal'

who knows we could get the shock of out life in 2 weeks and they say Ps4 is out end of March. and the next Gen will be late April.

in my line of work I tend to not like using that as a reason if I don't get something done on time it's a 'roll my eyes' moment if that is brought up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2021, 06:53 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I understand what you mean it's just that everyone wants to jump on that as a excuse for everything now, without pointing out other life reasons, we are almost a year into the pandemic and most have adjusted to the new 'normal'

who knows we could get the shock of out life in 2 weeks and they say Ps4 is out end of March. and the next Gen will be late April.

in my line of work I tend to not like using that as a reason if I don't get something done on time it's a 'roll my eyes' moment if that is brought up.

I’m going to stop here because I’m not interested in discussing what is and isn’t acceptable to be affected by the pandemic with you.

I’m glad you don’t use it as an excuse in your line of work, but for others, such myself, our line of work is/has been heavily effected by the pandemic.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #23
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
I’m going to stop here because I’m not interested in discussing what is and isn’t acceptable to be affected by the pandemic with you.

I’m glad you don’t use it as an excuse in your line of work, but for others, such myself, our line of work is/has been heavily effected by the pandemic.

good idea let's move on I meant no offence to you or anything and I am sorry your effected for your work I wasn't trying to say nobody isn't. more about the game and combinations. but yes let's just move on. I guess we just wait 2 to 3 weeks for news about the game.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:22 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
...I guess we just wait 2 to 3 weeks for news about the game.
noooo!!!!

one of my favorite OS threads this time of year is the ‘‘what are you going to do first?’’ but I guess we need some news of what's coming in 21 before we can go down that road. but right now, as it stands, the first thing I wanna do is look through the roster at the AAA & AA players w/o big league experience, see how it stacks up to Show 20's debut effort of real minors.

and then on to the Single A guys, and whether they're real, and spectacular, or same as 20's Single A

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »