Home

MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression - Some Details Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression - Some Details Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #185
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression

CB, I think you mean April 16th... Collector's edition gets the game 4 days early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #186
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20 with Cross-Platform Play & Cross Progression

I listened to Down in the dugout's (Ridin and team) latest podcast, they think PS4 and PS5 versions will be totally different games.

If that is true, man I dont know what to think... That would mean a TON of us would be missing out on what PS5 would be offering.

If legit, I think I absolutely need to find a PS5... Although I wasnt ready to do that yet.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #187
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I listened to Down in the dugout's (Ridin and team) latest podcast, they think PS4 and PS5 versions will be totally different games.

If that is true, man I dont know what to think... That would mean a TON of us would be missing out on what PS5 would be offering.

If legit, I think I absolutely need to find a PS5... Although I wasnt ready to do that yet.
Didn't the info drop from the other day say that it will feature cross-play between not only PS/XBox but also between the generations. If that's the case fundamentally it can't be that different. Offline possibly could be slightly different feature wise but a lot would still need to remain the same.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 02-04-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:54 PM   #188
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Didn't the info drop from the other day say that it will feature cross-play between not only PS/XBox but also between the generations. If that's the case fundamentally it can't be that different. Offline possible could be slightly different feature wise but a lot would still need to remain the same.
If they said about PS4 can play against Xbox 1, PS5 can play against Xbox X/S but PS4 cant play against PS5 and same with Xbox... I would have to listen again but pretty sure that's what I heard them say.

Guys from the podcast, please correct me if Im wrong.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:02 PM   #189
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

Has anyone from from Sony actually said that roster imports from previous years are even gone? Year-to-year franchise/RTTS files aren't the same as roster/slider sets. Maybe there's hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-04-2021, 05:03 PM   #190
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
If they said about PS4 can play against Xbox 1, PS5 can play against Xbox X/S but PS4 cant play against PS5 and same with Xbox... I would have to listen again but pretty sure that's what I heard them say.

Guys from the podcast, please correct me if Im wrong.
Here's a screen grab from the FAQ
Screenshot_20210204-170236.jpeg
Old 02-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #191
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Here's a screen grab from the FAQ
Attachment 188816

Hmm not sure if they missed that then.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #192
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 21 Arrives on April 20

Quote:
Didn't the info drop from the other day say that it will feature cross-play between not only PS/XBox but also between the generations. If that's the case fundamentally it can't be that different. Offline possibly could be slightly different feature wise but a lot would still need to remain the same.
It could be that the gameplay between the generations is identical, but franchise and RttS are completely different on the newer gen. I don’t know how probable that is, it might be wishful thinking on my part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »