Home

The Show 20 Uniforms

This is a discussion on The Show 20 Uniforms within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2020, 09:07 AM   #1
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0
The Show 20 Uniforms

I’ve seen that the uniform errors and omissions thread has had some uni related discussions in it and that’s not the purpose of that thread. However, it can be the purpose of this one.

I really like all the alternate throwbacks SDS added this year. I’m biased towards the 90s to present so I was definitely pleased with what was added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: The Show 20 Uniforms

Overall I'm really happy with the uniforms this year. Of course things can always be better and of course there are some mistakes, but overall I'm pretty stoked.

As for alternate throwbacks, I'm glad they started to worm their way into the game. There are a few "why this instead of that" decisions, but I can live with it.

I mean, why the black alternate from the Jays dark years as opposed to the 93 blues? I know the 92-93 uniforms are very similar to modern Jays unis, but there is a reason those uniforms are so loved. Hey, I do have a bit of nostalgia for the blacks, that's when I started getting back into baseball and cheering for the forever .500 Jays. But I have way more nostalgia for, you know, back to back World Series winning Jays.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

I just wish every uniform would have the Nike Shoosh on it. Like IRL
Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #4
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

I know this is a small detail that most don't care about, but I wish the special uni's were in (mothers day, fathers day, players weekend etc.)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

It would be more licensing, but I wish they had Negro Leagues uniforms in the game. Lots of teams wear those throughout the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

The Show 20 Uniforms

For The Show 21, if you had these 3 choices which would you pick:

Option 1. All Spring Training jerseys (all 30 teams + the teams that wear more than one like the Yankees or Tigers) and 5 - 7 new throwbacks.

OR

Option 2. 40 new throwbacks and no ST jerseys.

I would pick Option 1 personally. I do love new throwbacks but I really want ST jerseys in since the BP jerseys have no NOB (except for 3 teams).

EDIT:

OR

Option 3. 30 new throwbacks with like 10 or so ST jerseys from teams that don’t have a dark top that resembles ST jerseys (NYY, STL, etc) and ones that are different from current alt dark top (TEX, TB, etc)

Last edited by Bartolo Colon; 03-19-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:43 AM   #7
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
For The Show 21, if you had these 2 choices which would you pick:

Option 1. All Spring Training jerseys (all 30 teams + the teams that wear more than one like the Yankees or Tigers) and 5 - 7 new throwbacks.

OR

I would pick Option 1 personally. I do love new throwbacks but I really want ST jerseys in since the BP jerseys have no NOB (except for 3 teams).

If those were my only two options, then I'd have to pick option 2, because there are way more regular season games than ST games. That said, in the past I've always started my franchise after the real games were played and I follow a website to use the correct uniforms of a given day. Granted the schedules are different every year, but if we could at least have every uni that was worn the previous year that'd make me happy.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #8
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
For The Show 21, if you had these 2 choices which would you pick:

OR

EDIT:

OR

Option 3. 30 new throwbacks with like 10 or so ST jerseys from teams that don’t have a dark top that resembles ST jerseys (NYY, STL, etc) and ones that are different from current alt dark top (TEX, TB, etc)

Added a 3rd option

I think I might take option 3, over 1 and 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »