Home

MLB The Show 20. Is It Good?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20. Is It Good? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2021, 10:09 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 20. Is It Good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Especially being on sale for $10. I will play mainly offline. Or is there a better version for cheaper or almost equal prices? Thanks.

The game has some warts. Example(s): bunting in offline games is completely useless. 99% of the time expect a rocket bunt to transpire which more often than not results in the base runner being thrown out at second and double plays on these rocket bunts happen fairly frequently. Another wart is that when playing games in the field in RTTS (or player lock in Franchise) when the infield shifts for certain batters, your player often does not shift to the desired place on the field even if you have the "auto-shift" feature enabled thus leaving your player out of position and unable to make the play. There are other warts as well. With that said, it is an outstanding game especially if you can pick it up for $10.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
The game has some warts. Example(s): bunting in offline games is completely useless. 99% of the time expect a rocket bunt to transpire which more often than not results in the base runner being thrown out at second and double plays on these rocket bunts happen fairly frequently. Another wart is that when playing games in the field in RTTS (or player lock in Franchise) when the infield shifts for certain batters, your player often does not shift to the desired place on the field even if you have the "auto-shift" feature enabled thus leaving your player out of position and unable to make the play. There are other warts as well. With that said, it is an outstanding game especially if you can pick it up for $10.
The game is amazing and I concur with my friend here on the bunting.. please fix the bunting already!!

Maybe it’s tied into the players bunting ratings but I’ve never done enough testing to figure it out.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Maybe it’s tied into the players bunting ratings but I’ve never done enough testing to figure it out.
I had a franchise going last year where I played MoM (Manage Only Mode) games meaning I myself am not trying to bunt, the player and their bunting ratings are in control and I even jacked all of my starting pitchers to have 99 bunting ratings and it made little difference. Bunting is broken in this game all to prevent it from being exploited in Diamond Dynasty online games.

But even if bunting is broken and there are other warts, it's still an outstanding game and well worth $10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2021, 10:17 AM   #12
MVP

Yes!!! $10 is a steal, I bought it at full price and a PS4 also, it is that good.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:20 AM   #13
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Yes!!! $10 is a steal, I bought it at full price and a PS4 also, it is that good.
This is the only sports game out right now that I’ll happily pay full price for year after year.

Wish the other sports games would get on this level!
Old 02-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
The game is amazing and I concur with my friend here on the bunting.. please fix the bunting already!!

Topside: I haven't looked it into yet, but I think you may have figured out the "rocket" bunting.

Since you input BOTH Bunting and Drag Bunting ratings MAYBE if you have a higher Drag Bunting/Bunting ratings the "rocket" bunts will calm down.

Just my $.02
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 02-19-2021, 02:35 PM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Especially being on sale for $10. I will play mainly offline. Or is there a better version for cheaper or almost equal prices? Thanks.

Is a blue bird blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2021, 02:36 PM   #16
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
Topside: I haven't looked it into yet, but I think you may have figured out the "rocket" bunting.

Since you input BOTH Bunting and Drag Bunting ratings MAYBE if you have a higher Drag Bunting/Bunting ratings the "rocket" bunts will calm down.

Just my $.02
Sounds like that might be it for sure. Not many good bunters in the game and I know for sure the Pitchers bunting ratings have always been terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »